ABCT Poster Presentation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AryaStark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm starting to get some real anxiety about ABCT, even though I am a grad student already. I have to present my undergrad research from last year (I hardly remember what we did OR what we found.)
So I'm wondering how long they give us to present our posters...
Also, do people ask you a lot of questions/ do you have to give a little schpiel/ or do they just look around at your poster or what?

Members don't see this ad.

I presented a poster last year. It was super fun and laid back. You stand by the poster for an hour and if people are interested they stop and look, maybe talk to you about it as well. People did ask about the study, like, maybe explain it a little (so yeah, have a schpiel prepared ;)), or did you look at x or y, but I mainly just got comments about how it was a good study and requests for me to send the poster later.

Btw, bring handouts! That is something I will remember to do this year when I present again. :D

I am supposed to present a poster at ABCT, my first time (if I can get the money to go), and I was wondering the same things. How many handouts would you suggest? Should I bring business cards?:scared: I'm an undergrad but I have some that a scholars program had made for us for when we go to conferences. I'm mostly afraid I will end up gaping at people whose work I've read lol

Hmmm, probably about 20 or 30 handouts. You can also put out a sheet of paper for people to sign their email and then email it later, which is what I did last year.

I printed out business cards and didn't use ANY of them, haha.