Abfm exam prep question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drake19

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone use the self study package it was quite expensive but I like the slides rather than textbook format. Was this worth while for exam didn’t want to waste the projected 1 month it’ll prob take in order to get a few good passes. I read the psych slides so far nothing too great or worth the $700-800

Also can anyone comment on nejm vs unworld for the real deal? The thing about nejm it’s in more of a nbme style and the adaptive technology is a pain since it constantly repeats questions so it takes forever to get through each section.

My worry is that if anyone did the ite this year even if you did the previous ite and all the AAFP practice questions they would not have prepared you for the majority of the questions for this years ite so I’m trying to supplement. Aafp article reading is time consuming and less efficient then doing questions since the learning is too passive

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, I have no idea what you're trying to say.

But anyways, roughly NEJM and UWORLD aren't the most common "go tos" for ABFM prep. Atleast they weren't 2 years ago.

Classically, its always been AAFP test prep materials, along w/ old ITEs and ABFM question bank (free). The AAFP articles are too detailed, I agree, but the questions at the end of the topics are usually important points, so atleast review those.

Last edited: