ABIM Critical Care Board Prep 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inspirationmd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm starting to prep for this thing and wanted to solicit some commentary on the best resources and way to tackle this thing.

I have the CHEST Seek questions, I'm going to the CHEST board review in Orlando in August, and I'm starting to read the ATS board review section on Critical Care. All these seem solid.

I have a copy of the Brigham Board review but seems honestly kind of superficial and outdated so I've lost some interest in it.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

What percentage of Seek questions should I be getting to feel comfortable?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

I only did Seek questions and went to the Chest BR( not worth it to me if you are a recent graduate, maybe if you have been out of practice 10 years). I did well and so will you.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm starting to prep for this thing and wanted to solicit some commentary on the best resources and way to tackle this thing.

I have the CHEST Seek questions, I'm going to the CHEST board review in Orlando in August, and I'm starting to read the ATS board review section on Critical Care. All these seem solid.

I have a copy of the Brigham Board review but seems honestly kind of superficial and outdated so I've lost some interest in it.

i did SEEK questions and watched SCCM videos. SCCM videos cover a lot of content not covered in SEEK. Not sure if that necessarily helped me to pass- I suspect you will pass if you do enough SEEK questions and read consistently during fellowship. Having said that, SCCM videos help you strengthen some areas of knowledge gaps (esp toxicology, burns, surg crit care, CT-ICU, neuroICU, trauma, etc).

I am starting to study for it as well.
I've been out of fellowship a couple of years but finally decided to take them ....but what I have heard is do a ton of SEEK questions, read some current articles on toxicology and some on right heart catheterizations....and then do more SEEK questions.
70-80% on the questions would be considered "passing."

I was told it is not necessary to go to the Board Review Course....but I am going to go, just because I want to be able to hear all the different topics since I have been out for a while.

I also was told that it is harder than the Pulmonary Boards.

Where do I find SCCM videos? Ive done all 450 SEEK questions, and the SCCM question bank.