About 12 weeks out, getting obliterated by O-Chem and G-Chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toadesque

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been studying for about 2 months now however it's been VERY mild studying. Since I am in school I've been putting DAT studying aside and after taking a practice test today I realize I really need to get to work.

I took G-Chem more than three years ago and O-Chem two. I remember practically nothing. For material I have Kaplan and Destroyer. For someone like me that is very weak in these subjects currently is this enough? I read about "Chad's videos" a very long time ago and supposedly they're very good but you only get them for like a month or so right? Is that enough time for me to really grasp the material?

I feel I can handle the other sections by simply practicing but both the Chemistry sections give me nightmares because it's been so long since I took them and I was never great at them either.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would definitely invest in Chad's videos! I am using his college chemistries for school now and I have a 6 month subscription. Often times he explains things better than my professors and especially when it comes to mechanisms and understanding why things react a certain way. I plan to use him to review gen chem because I basically forgot most of gen chem 2.

Go to his website and see what is offered for what you need but definately get the DAT prep videos.

You are fine, many/most people wouldn't have even started studying 12 weeks out. Get Chad's videos for the chemistry videos, they are absolutely great. In 4 full days you can watch all the videos and learn more than you would have in 4 weeks of reading a book. Follow that up with Destroyer and master the material. It is a proven combo that has worked for many of us. GC and OC are the sections you can make the quickest improvements in so do not fret.