Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

? about AMCAS and Transcripts

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pre-hawkdoc, Oct 31, 2001.

1. pre-hawkdoc

pre-hawkdoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey, my friend has a possible AMCAS dilema and I figured I'd turn to you guys for some thoughts. she had our univ send a transcript to AMCAS in july, then got an email today saying that they didn't have it and it was her responsibility to make sure they had all transcripts before the deadline. Problem is, the deadline for most schools she's applying to (esp. our state school) is tomorrow, 11/1.
    so what do you folks think? is the current AMCAS situation such that this wouldn't necessarily affect her app? would AMCAS accept a faxed transcript if it could be proven that it was faxed directly from the registrar's office? any thoughts would be appreciated. Peace.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

No, they won't accept a faxed one most likely and the deadline for transcripts is 14 days following the deadline for submission of the primary.

4. Epi

Epi Fuzzy Tiger
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    deadline for transcripts was extended at AMCAS. I suggest to send out the transcript again asap using fed express.

5. cali79

cali79 Member
    7+ Year Member

I had a lot of problems transcripts too. I had two trancsripts sent from my school by regular mail in June and September and apparently AMCAS never received (or lost) them. The third transcript I had sent was by DHL overnight so the transcript was tracked. My application was verified a week after the third transcript was received by AMCAS.

I also think the best way is to send it by FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.... And make sure to call AMCAS every few days.

6. spacecadet

spacecadet Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'd tell her to call first, because I got an email that some of my transcripts were missing when they actually already had them. I hope she can get things worked out.

7. Derby

Derby Member
    7+ Year Member

Like everything with AMCAS these days, I think a lawyer's note if your friend encounters resistance will go a LONG way.