About CHEATING.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not entirely sure if we needed a separate thread but here's the link I posted before:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/articles/brief/cocheata_brief.php

Anyways, obviously it's insanely rampant, but I don't think most people think like the girl in that article lol. It'd be funny if she was applying to college and they googled her name and found that article...because I think that'd be an instant rejection lol.

Not entirely sure if we needed a separate thread but here's the link I posted before:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/articles/brief/cocheata_brief.php

Anyways, obviously it's insanely rampant, but I don't think most people think like the girl in that article lol. It'd be funny if she was applying to college and they googled her name and found that article...because I think that'd be an instant rejection lol.

So your papers comes out and says it. Cheaters never get caught. If 90% of people cheat, you'd see a lot more people getting the boot if cheaters never got caught.

So, statistically speaking, cheat away. Its a calculated risk.

Members don't see this ad :)
They also share test questions via E-mail between classes and hack into school mainframes to alter transcripts; they use cell phones to dial multiple-choice answers into alphanumeric pagers (1C2A3D) and store everything from algebra formulas to notes on Jane Eyre in cutting-edge calculators.
(this is from the article I linked before)
It's kinda funny but I've known people to do all these (except the e-mail thing). I remember some friend kept paged the answers to an SAT to someone else after taking it (while that person was taking it), and made like $50 or something. And people used to write programs for all the algebra formulas on those calculators.

And most memorably, one day I was in the guidance counselor's/course counselor's office, either trying to swap a class or volunteering or something, I don't remember exactly (this was high school so it's eons ago), when one of the counselors busts into the room and yells about how he "can't believe that this little prick" hacked into the grades system, lol.

It was extra funny because the kid was caught because he went around and gave all the girls he liked 100s on their classes, :laugh:

Seriously though, you'd think when you're smart enough to crack into the grades database you'd be smart enough to know what a *****ic idea it is to let tons of people know what you did, let alone change the grades for any girl you thought was hot. Plus anyways, there was always a hard copy of everyone's grades backed up anyways, so you'd have to forge a fake hard copy too-and somehow manage to get it into your file-or they'd definitely notice when they reviewed your transcript before sending it to colleges.

Heh, one day though, I was in front of a computer with the grades database open on it, I think it was some hypercard thing on a Mac. I never really did bother to try to figure out how to modify the grades, but I'll admit that it was mighty tempting to try. Plus, since I knew there was a hard copy if I had done it I'd have scanned the report slip I got into Photoshop, modified it, printed out a matching hard copy of the newly edited grades, then proceeded to break into the office where the hard copy was kept to swap it out. But even though I knew how I could probably execute something like that I didn't do it lol.

Dunno what happened to the kid though. I don't think he got expelled actually, but I'm sure he was in a hell of a lot of trouble lol.

Heh, I wonder what my life would have been like if I had actually done it though...it wouldn't have even been that hard, most of the locks around the school were ridiculously easy to pick using the card method, so breaking into the office at night isn't even as hard as it might sound lol. And instead of 100's, I'd probably go for something more subtle, just enough to get me into Dartmouth or something. Haha, who am I kidding, if I had hacked all my grades I'd never be able to keep my mouth shut either lol.