• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

ddsjymaeng

dentalschoolgogogo
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So if we send in our deposit before due date.... do we get that seat for sure...
the question is what if there are 50 seats and 60 people wants to go there after acceptance...
what will it happen? is it first come first go?

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I don't think schools overaccept. I believe they accept as many students as they have room for, wait to hear back, and if they haven't heard back byu the time the deposit is due or have heard back with a negative, they then offer those empty seats to other students.

I've only ever heard of one dental school that accidentally overaccepted students one year, and then had to ask some students who had accepted the offer to give up their seats until the next year.

INFNITE

mmm....doughnut
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2005
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
once you send in your deposit, you're guaranteed the seat. what else is the deposit for?

Lidopaine82

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
case's class of 2009 had more than 70 people place deposits. Luckily they have extra seats in case that happens.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.