About I20

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

venki_dr

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello group members,
I have applied for 4 american universities for MPH for Fall 2005.I had posted my application on 11/20/2004.My consultancy firm told me that they would promise me an I20 but not the visa.I would like to know about these I20 how are they issued.Some of my friends told me that the granting of I20 itself does'nt assure admission.Is it true?Please let me know

Members don't see this ad.

Well, once the university offers you admission, they will issue you an I-20. You can will then have to goto an American Embassy in India and show them your I-20 along with other necessary documents to be issued a visa. If you have not heard back from your schools, (since its been a while since you applied), i would suggest contacting them to check up on the status of your application. PS-I myself i am an international student in the U.S hoping to get an MPH in the next few years.

venki_dr said:
hello group members,
I have applied for 4 american universities for MPH for Fall 2005.I had posted my application on 11/20/2004.My consultancy firm told me that they would promise me an I20 but not the visa.I would like to know about these I20 how are they issued.Some of my friends told me that the granting of I20 itself does'nt assure admission.Is it true?Please let me know