About Idaho State College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm917

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nobody seems to talk about Idaho State oh these forums. Can someone who either goes here or went here comment on how the school is? How are the teachers? How is the university as a whole? Also, how are the admissions run?

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to ISU. I will be moving there from MN in August, I went there for the interview and it seems like a good college. I will let you know more as the years go by if you need some.

ISU is alright- I go there. The only real reason I am there is because in-state tuition is far less expensive than any other school's out of state tuition.

I didn't mind the first year. Some courses were fluff, some were hard, and the rest in between... I did learn a lot, but I honestly felt like I could've had more thrown at me. That said, I didn't get a 4.0 either semester, but I am on the higher end of my class GPA-wise. Some professors are really awesome, but a few were not my favorites. Fortunately, one that no one learned anything from will not be coming back in the fall.

Students further along than me tell me that the first year is the most tedious, and then things get more interesting and involved in the 2nd and 3rd year of coursework.

Overall, I'm happy going here, and it's a well-respected college of pharmacy, not some no-name school that's only been around for 2 years.

There are lots of opportunities for involvement in student organizations, and community outreach, which is great in my opinion.

Most people I know who have graduated from the program are happy they did, and feel like they got a good pharmacy education.