about money

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamteeth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many years can we pay off the student loan after getting the degree? If I do not have much money right now, and no green card (but I think I can find a co-signer), do you think it will be a big burden for me to pay those tuition? Will we get a really stressful life in the first couple of years?

And I am a single girl, no sugar daddy :(

Members don't see this ad.

Did I ask stupid question? Why nobody reply?

Really want to know if the money is a big problem to a FTD. I am gonna get my Phd in U.S. soon. I have chances to be a dental anatomy teacher. Someone suggested me I can do teaching first, then transfer to clinic (probably with lower tuition, but maybe need longer time and a little bit more work) It sounds good, but I am not sure if it is workable. Going to school may be more straightforward, if money is not a huge burden.

Please tell me what you think. Thank you.

How many years can we pay off the student loan after getting the degree? If I do not have much money right now, and no green card (but I think I can find a co-signer), do you think it will be a big burden for me to pay those tuition? Will we get a really stressful life in the first couple of years?

And I am a single girl, no sugar daddy :(

Ok this is just me- I find the term sugar daddy a little offensive. Most ppl don't have sugar daddies. They get what they have the old fashioned way- by working hard at it.

200k+ tuition is a big deal. If you can arrange a co signer, you may get a loan, with decent interest rates. You will have 15-25 years(depending on your lender) to pay it back. Will you be able to do it? IMO yes.

I also think getting a DDS/DMD is the straight forward, simple way to practice dentistry in this country. But you should do what works in your life- RDH, teaching, working in Minnesota...

Ok this is just me- I find the term sugar daddy a little offensive. Most ppl don't have sugar daddies. They get what they have the old fashioned way- by working hard at it.

200k+ tuition is a big deal. If you can arrange a co signer, you may get a loan, with decent interest rates. You will have 15-25 years(depending on your lender) to pay it back. Will you be able to do it? IMO yes.

I also think getting a DDS/DMD is the straight forward, simple way to practice dentistry in this country. But you should do what works in your life- RDH, teaching, working in Minnesota...
La Fea is right. I second her/his thoughts.
Why do you think the tuition is so high, because Dentistry is a sought after profession. If you do the math, its really not a big deal to pay off the student loans in a few years (especially because you are single). Assuming you have no other financial obligations, you should be fine.
Again, I don't know your reasons behind choosing Dentistry as career but if this is what you dreamt about, go for it. Money is secondary, Agree?