About retakes calcuylated into GPA.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dgarchow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question, I know that GPA is calculated with retake grades averaged out, but my question is; if I have 50 UG credits and retake a 4 credit class, do end up with 54 total credits and the averaged grade or still just 50 credits with the averaged grade because the credits for the retakes have already been allocated to my total becuase of my first attempt at the class?

Pardon the silly "y" in calculated.

Members don't see this ad.

Quick question, I know that GPA is calculated with retake grades averaged out, but my question is; if I have 50 UG credits and retake a 4 credit class, do end up with 54 total credits and the averaged grade or still just 50 credits with the averaged grade because the credits for the retakes have already been allocated to my total becuase of my first attempt at the class?

Pardon the silly "y" in calculated.

54 credits. The grade isn't really averaged, because both the original and the retake appear. But it basically comes to the same thing. You'd get the same effect by taking a completely different class as far as your gpa is concerned. The advantage of retaking a class is you can point to it during an interview and be like, "See, I just had a bad month that tanked my grade in this particular class. I took it again and blew it out of the water."

If you want, you can go to Edit --> Advanced and fix the thread title.