about the Canadian and American DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

todds

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

i know american schools accept the canadian DAT, but the fact of the matter is that the DAT in Canada is only held twice a year...Only in November and February...If one were not to do too well on the Canadian DAT in say February, would it be possible to retake it but the American version say in the summer, and send those scores to the American schools?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Im not sure about US but in Canada you can only submit any DAT score taken within 2 years of applying, if American schools have the same policy you would be fine
and just out of curiousity, are u canadian, did u apply to any Canadian dental schools, and are they any harder to get into

amanmann said:
Im not sure about US but in Canada you can only submit any DAT score taken within 2 years of applying, if American schools have the same policy you would be fine
and just out of curiousity, are u canadian, did u apply to any Canadian dental schools, and are they any harder to get into

im goin to apply to canadian schools next year, and yes, gpa wise they are more selective in admissions. around 3.6-3.7 gpa is avg for canadian schools.

i think i didnt word my question correctly...would i be allowed to take the Canadian DAT AND the american DAT in the same year...use american DAT scores for american schools and candian for their schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you can take the American and Canadian DAT in the same year.

The Canadian and American DAT are administered by two different organizations (CDA and ADA), so they are completely separate....I think the OPs strategy is a good one...

And about Canadian schools...since they are limiting the numbes of seats these days, if you goto the canadian predetnal forums, you'll see that people with 3.9s are getting waitlisted.....