About those asking about jobs in pharmacy....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmtran

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an interview at Kmart`s Pharmacy in Memphis for Friday for a position as a pharmacy technician at one of their locations. YAY! It was very much coincidental that I got it cuz I emailed my resume to every chain pharmacy I could find around here on the Yellow Pages, and someone actually responded. So if you`re looking for a job and you really, really want it, that`s the route you should take I guess. Just send off a resume show what you`ve done, doesn`t matter experience or no experience for whatever job you applied for, but just to show that you have had your schooling and you`ve worked before. And also, an outstanding cover letter because that shows your character and personality. What you say and how you say it counts more, I think. In my resume I just listed my schooling and my previous work experiences, which were mainly in the restaurant industry. I had no pharmacy experience at all, but I stressed in my cover letter that I`m a professional when it comes to customer service (true) and that I am willing to learn whatever it takes, not to mention that I`m an extremely fast and efficient learner (very true). Well anyways, that`s a tip for ya if you need it.

Members don't see this ad.

GOOD LUCK!!

:clap: Nice Work HM!! That's what I'm talkin' about!!!! The field of pharmacy is much more amenable to people that get out there, then the 'let it happen' types.

I'm actually very curious to find out how K-mart runs their pharms.
Anyway, kudos.

"If your boat doesn't come in swim out to it!!!!!"

Members don't see this ad :)
Well as everyone knows, yesterday was my bday (big 2-0) and I got the job at Kmart yesterday too. Nice b-day gift, dont ya think? Gonna start off with 8/hr. Not too bad I guess for a beginner. Well anyways, just wanted to let ya know. =P

:clap: Congratulations! :clap: