About to start an away rotation but rejected by residency program already

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idonotcare

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got an interesting situation and hoping someone might shed some light. Posting for someone else:

Accepted and confirmed an away rotation at an institution back in June for general surgery. The sub-I will start next week. However, just received the rejection letter from the residency program today before Sub-I even started. Has anyone heard of or had similar experience? Not sure what to think of this.... :confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interesting situation and hoping someone might shed some light. Posting for someone else:

Accepted and confirmed an away rotation at an institution back in June for general surgery. The sub-I will start next week. However, just received the rejection letter from the residency program today before Sub-I even started. Has anyone heard of or had similar experience? Not sure what to think of this.... :confused::confused:

Given the late timetables here, it might be worthwhile to go on the rotation, impress them, and then ask for meeting with the PD halfway in to discuss your application/rotation. You might be able to earn something... You certainly aren't guaranteed it, but it's probably the easiest way to approach it at this time.