About to Submit to AACOMAS, School list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwertyytrewq

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I'm about to submit to AACOMAS, they finally received all my transcripts wanted to see if my school list is wise, big enough?

(not verified but from spreadsheet) Stats: cGPA: 3.34 sGPA 3.53 post-bac 3.87
MCAT: 13PS 11V 12BS W:O

8 hours of D.O. shadowing- Letter of rec
Clinical Volunteering (Family/Free Clinic)- Letter of Rec
Research (Clinical Research)
Teacher (Job)- Letter of Rec from manager

School List: MSUCOM, Western, Touro-Cali and NY, NYIT, PCOM
is this enough of schools? should I add? (thinking about LECOM is the stated price really that low? or is there some trickery?)

Appreciate the advice

Members don't see this ad.

I would add AZCOM and NSUCOM as safeties.

8 hours of shadowing is meh. You have a very good MCAT which makes out for the average GPA.

Considering that all DO schools are private, why not apply to all of them that fits your stats? You seem like a CA/NY resident who doesn't want to go out-of-state. Apply out-of-state and you might end up happier later down the line.

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering that all DO schools are private

Incorrect. There are at least 5 public DO schools I can think of off the top of my head.

OP, where are you from? MSU, NYCOM, and PCOM have a regional bias (but your MCAT score is very strong so I guess it couldn't hurt to apply). I would remove Touro-NY and maybe Touro-CA from the list. Look into both MWU's, NSU, KCUMB, DMU, KCOM, and Touro-NV and pick a couple to apply to on top of the other schools you picked out.

MSUCOM, UMDNJ, OSUCOM, WVSOM, OUCOM, and TCOM are all public universities.

I am from CA and I was hoping to either stay in CA or go to school in NY. But I added PCOM and MSUCOM in there for variety and becuase ive heard good things, why would I be happier down the line out of state?

For a small investment, you could get an acceptance. It's not recommended to have less than 10 schools in your application list unless you have stellar stats.

That, and everybody else from CA/NY also have the same idea of applying to those schools... they're big states, you know.

For a small investment, you could get an acceptance. It's not recommended to have less than 10 schools in your application list unless you have stellar stats.

That, and everybody else from CA/NY also have the same idea of applying to those schools... they're big states, you know.

I assume he's going to put in at least a few MD apps, his stats could get him in somewhere.

But if not, then OP you need to put in a few more apps. I knew someone last year who applied to 5 schools. Got waitlisted at 3 and didn't get in. Now he's a reapplicant. Not saying this is going to happen to you, but you're limiting yourself and might cost you more in the long run that it will cost you now to put in a few more apps.