About tuition and lottery relation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Imi Goldberg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I win the diversity lottery and get the green card, do I pay the local rates for schools or the international rates? Or do I have to wait for the citizenship for these?

Members don't see this ad.

You would have permanent resident status, correct? My wife is a permanent resident, and the only reason she will receive in-state tuition is because I have lived in the state continuously for more than one year. If my wife had come straight from her home country to study and not been married to a resident, she would still be paying out of state tuition, just like any other US resident who has not established residency in the state where they are studying.

You would have permanent resident status, correct? My wife is a permanent resident, and the only reason she will receive in-state tuition is because I have lived in the state continuously for more than one year. If my wife had come straight from her home country to study and not been married to a resident, she would still be paying out of state tuition, just like any other US resident who has not established residency in the state where they are studying.

Hey cello, thanks for the reply. I got family members there I can marry (Cousin). Lets hope I get it this time.

I'm pretty sure saying you're going to marry your cousin to get resident status is illegal, but I could be wrong.