ABOUT UC secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

temmie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys
anyone filled out UC davis secondary and got an interview? I am an august mcat taker, just got a secondary from them and they ask for "brief" essays and give a word llimit of 6000 characters. which is A LOTTTTTT. so do i go brief or do i go 6000?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

6000 is nuts for so many essays. By the way, how'd they notify you?

they emailed me. the same thing for irvine. still waiting for sd, la and SF

Members don't see this ad :)
I got irvine by email, no davis. However, I had to check the status page to find out about LA. You may have already been awarded one.

Good luck! And yeah, I'd say keep the essays brief.

thanks a lot and does anyone have the website for ucla application status.

thanks y'all
they did award me a secondary yesterday and i just found out by checking their website. I am an undergraduate at UCLA but sometimes, the school can be annoyingly slow in an arrogant way. thanks guys and does anyone know if UCI website usually logg off after a certain time. I am trying to fill out my secondary but they keep asking me to register and i have a password. UCs can be really annoying.

I only wrote one essay (out of 9) that reached 6000 characters. The others ranged from 1900-4000, with a rough average of 3000. I was complete there only about a week ago, so I have yet to hear about an interview.

wow i got a UCSF secondary today!! wasn't expecting that!

Still no UCLA... no UCSD verrry slow

On UCLA's notification page the categories are: Secondary, Recommendations, Interview, Transcript, and Final Decision...

Does that mean that the transcript is only required AFTER the interview? I'm hoping that my file isn't incomplete (they never sent a complete status) b/c they don't have a transcript and they aren't telling me...

sharpnerd00 said:
On UCLA's notification page the categories are: Secondary, Recommendations, Interview, Transcript, and Final Decision...

Does that mean that the transcript is only required AFTER the interview? I'm hoping that my file isn't incomplete (they never sent a complete status) b/c they don't have a transcript and they aren't telling me...

I don't think transcripts are required until after an acceptance (prior to matriculation)--that's a requirement at all schools.

Overeducated said:
I don't think transcripts are required until after an acceptance (prior to matriculation)--that's a requirement at all schools.
UCLA requested a transcript from me when I got invited for an interview.

Bluntman said:
UCLA requested a transcript from me when I got invited for an interview.

Interesting.

Overeducated said:
Interesting.
Yea I was kinda surprised too...I didn't think they needed it until after acceptance either. Seems like they should have better things to be doing with their time (like updating "completes" and giving out invites to other people) than going through and verifying 750 transcripts. :rolleyes: