? about University of Rochester....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jlsrn, Nov 16, 2001.

1. jlsrn

jlsrn Senior Member

Hi,
    I just spoke with Univ. of Rochester and asked if I was going to get an interview..and what the status of my app was. They said that it was on the Dean's desk to be signed...what does that mean?? Also...how much do they weigh MCAT's?? Anyone interview there yet or get an acceptance? Thanks! :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Aoshi

Aoshi Member

I'm not exactly sure...did you get their little "your application is now complete" postcard in the mail yet? But I figure this isn't something they'd lie about, so if it's not too premature, congrats on your interview offer.

Since this thread is about U Rochester, I'm gonna bum off of you instead of starting a new one. Does anyone know the turnaround time between getting the postcard I just mentioned and an interview offer?

4. jlsrn

jlsrn Senior Member

Hi,

Yes, my app has been complete for some time now. So you think that means that I will get an interview? Is that how it works...the Dean has to sign off on interviews..not every app that comes through (rejection included)? Thanks. I appreciate your responding.

5. jlsrn

jlsrn Senior Member

6. jlsrn

jlsrn Senior Member

7. jlsrn

jlsrn Senior Member

8. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member

jslrn- it seem that no one knows. Why don't you call them back and ask? Best of luck --Trek

9. kd

kd Senior Member

I applied there last year and when I called to check on my status, was immediately transferred to the interview coordinator. She went ahead and made the interview arrangements over the phone and told me the letter would be going out later that week. I can't remember if the letter was signed by the dean or not. However, this was very early in the year- like late July. Given all the problems with AMCAS this year, who knows what changes they may have made in their interview process?

10. jlsrn

jlsrn Senior Member

They won't tell me anything over the phone....