ABPN dues

Jun 15, 2004
  1. Attending Physician
    Yeah, if you are doing C-MoC you have to pay. That said, they give quite a bit of lee way and don't seem to be hard to work with. I forgot to pay until like February or March last year and nothing happened, they didn't change my certification status and just accepted my payment no questions asked, which I appreciated.

SeniorWrangler

10+ Year Member
    Nov 10, 2010
    1. Attending Physician
      You're paying for your next board exam in installments, if you add them all up it comes to the thousand bucks or so that the board exam costs. I don't know why they do it that way.

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads

TexasPhysician

Volunteer Staff
      10+ Year Member
      Verified Expert
      Sep 1, 2008
      1. Attending Physician
        You're paying for your next board exam in installments, if you add them all up it comes to the thousand bucks or so that the board exam costs. I don't know why they do it that way.

Collecting interest probably. Good reason to switch to NBPAS

Reactions: 1 users
        Jun 15, 2004
        1. Attending Physician
          Yeah, the reasoning was supposedly to lessen the impact of having to shell out about $3k all at once for a computerized exam. I remember people complained that the expense remained the same even though the oral portion of the exam was discontinued, and this was the ABPNs response at the time.

On a positive note, I am totally cool with the new C-MOC pilot program coming up where you just have to answer a few questions on articles we all read anyway instead of taking yet another multiple guess exam over old information. It seems a lot more useful to keep up on the literature. The last time I took a big exam was nearly 4 years ago and I'm still burned out on exams.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.