ABSITE timing question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FoggyGlasses

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question about ABSITE... Next year I will unfortunately be a prelim, though it is at my #1 choice and my husband matched the same institution ----- Because I'm a prelim I need to really impress and prove that I'm worth keeping... I know I will be able to take the ABSITE, but will scores be reported BEFORE final rank meetings??? Does anyone know how they scores will be used for prelims if they aren't in yet??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No, generally ABSITE scores are NOT back in time for rankings.
Your performance and LORs and everything you used this year for the match are what programs will use in determining interviews and ranking.

When scrambling, or if looking for advanced spots (which often become advertised in spring after the match, once people start giving notice that they are leaving), your ABSITE scores will be used to help you find a position then. So if you don't match, and keep checking on PGY2 spots that may open up between March and June, a great ABSITE score could be a tremendous help to you. Or if you try to scramble into a categorical intern spot, a good ABSITE will help your cause.