ABSITE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MB13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,
Just finished the True Learn Q-Bank for the first time and Im planning to repeat it as well as going through the Fiser at the same time.
But I feel that it is not enough, any tips about how should I proceed?
Does anybody recommend solving the SESAP or the Rush university questions or other Q Banks?
Thx

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,
Just finished the True Learn Q-Bank for the first time and Im planning to repeat it as well as going through the Fiser at the same time.
Does anybody recommend solving the SESAP or the Rush university questions or other Q Banks?
Thx
I used sesap 15 last year, found it meh. Used true learn last year, my coresidents swore by it, found it meh. Score has a ton of questions but haven't heard good things. Didn't read Fiser as many times as I usually did, instead did more questions, and dropped 25 percentiles, so not sure how to interpret that. Still will by true learn though, but probably just 1 month... Will do score questions/sesap/other sources (I have two question books from Schwartz which I liked) as well. But only a few of my fellowships seem to ever request the scores, and my application will be sent before the scores come back, so I'm not sure how to play this

I used sesap 15 last year, found it meh. Used true learn last year, my coresidents swore by it, found it meh. Score has a ton of questions but haven't heard good things. Didn't read Fiser as many times as I usually did, instead did more questions, and dropped 25 percentiles, so not sure how to interpret that. Still will by true learn though, but probably just 1 month... Will do score questions/sesap/other sources (I have two question books from Schwartz which I liked) as well. But only a few of my fellowships seem to ever request the scores, and my application will be sent before the scores come back, so I'm not sure how to play this

chuck-says-relax.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there,
Thx

See the sticky thread "ABSITE Blues." SESAP is essential to your success. Not reading it would be silly, given the information about the ABSITE available on the ABS website.

I would say that every year for the next ____ years there will be new resources and new question banks available (at a price). Most are unproven, and quality is not guaranteed. While I don't discourage using them altogether, I would focus most of your energy on high quality projects (SESAP and SCORE).

Also, more and more literature suggests that those that do well on the ABSITE utilize a year-round study strategy. That doesn't mean that you spend time memorizing minutia from Fiser in July, but it means that you are constantly reading something of clinical relevance, from a textbook or UpToDate or whatever, on a regular basis.

Good luck! I continue to have ABSITE blues by proxy.

Reactions: 2 users

It wont matter for anything, but its a good way to motivate yourself to study for QE. I guess now with the month off thing its not as important but if you study hard for chief ABSITE you basically wont have to study at all for QE.

It wont matter for anything, but its a good way to motivate yourself to study for QE. I guess now with the month off thing its not as important but if you study hard for chief ABSITE you basically wont have to study at all for QE.

The ABS is being a bit schizophrenic with their approach to the QE. On one hand, they are moving most fellowship start dates to August 1, allowing for a month of studying after graduation. In my opinion, this is a great idea, providing they have something in place to address the 1 month gap in paycheck and insurance coverage.

On the other hand, they are allowing residents to take the QE after the PGY4 year. This seems contradictory, but is probably more in line the with the ultimate goals which have been discussed before.