Absites are back

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jumpup

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We were just told that the absites are back and ready for pick up at the office. I am freaking scared men!!!!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry. Since you're on sdn, you by definition scored in the 99th percentile.

We were just told that the absites are back and ready for pick up at the office. I am freaking scared men!!!!:scared:

I am glad that ABSITE is over for me but here's some advice that my program director gave us every year. First, if you didn't get the score that you would have liked, you learned something and you added to your knowledge base. If you didn't do well, you know that you have more reading and study (so get the job done) but one low ABSITE score isn't going to get you kicked out of this program.

Second, a poor ABSITE score means that you need to be reading regularly and having some meaningful discussions with your faculty adviser so get busy. Even if you scored well, you need to be reading regularly and evaluating your knowledge base so get busy either way.

Don't be scared, the thing is what it is and you either keep doing what you have been doing or make some improvements. My best ABSITE score was during my lab years and my worst was my PGY-5 year. In the end, everything works out if you read critically and keep reading. I know that I did better when I was in the lab because I was reading all of the time. I know that my score dropped a bit during my chief year because I was just busier.