1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

absolutely, completely stuck!

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ssquared, Aug 9, 2006.

1. ssquared

ssquared Member
    2+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    I'm looking for some advice (aren't we all?)

So I've been studying since the end of May and and I just don't feel like I've been improving at all. The highest FL score I've gotten was 30 on Kaplan FL2, which was a month ago! I then went down to 27on FL3, and then up to a 29 on FL4. I just took AAMC 7 today and got a 29. :( I cannot believe that in a month of studying I haven't improved a bit! I even thought that AAMC 7 was easy, too-but my PS score is still hovering around an 8 despite, percentage-wise, improving a lot from the Kaplan FLs.

Is there ANYTHING I can do in the next week to pull up my PS to a 10? I'm really quite desperate. I've been re-reading the EK books and doing the 30-minute exams in those....I'm having trouble finding the time to do much else other than that because I'm working. I do plan on doing AAMC 8 and 9 next week.

Thanks....by now I was hoping that I would be hitting the 35 mark, but apparently not.....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. osjx-82

osjx-82 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Join the club. I feel like I hit a wall as well.

4. inside_edition

inside_edition Waitlisted Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

sign me up!
    Kaplan:
    FL1 30
    FL2 33
    FL3 30
    FL4 29

it seems that the harder i try to study the worse i do. probably because i'm burnt out.

5. jsol

jsol Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yeah you gotta hate the wall. I scored a 33 a month ago and have not scored about that. I haved scored the same and a few points less but stuck. My scores went down as I studied more so I cut it back by and hour or two and I feel a lot better and not so tired when I take the practice tests.

6. tictaq

tictaq Never Follow
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    maybe go a little bit slower on the sections? I make ******ed mistakes like mark the exactly opposite answer
    I took Kaplan FL 8 and got a 28
    then I went a little slower in the sections, didnt exactly finish (3/4 questions)
    but got a 32 on Kaplan FL 9