academic cardiologist at cleveland clinic or Case Western Salary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

copacetic

Copacetic Was Here!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how much could an academic cardiologist and case western or the cleveland clinic expect to earn? im just curious because cleveland clinic is supposed to be the mecha for cardiac medicine and surgery, and is supposed ot have all the big name guys, so just how well off are these people?

Members don't see this ad.

$1,000,000,000.00 (after taxes).

seriously though, i understand that at big name places you wont be earning much, perhaps even in the range of 90K is that accurate though?

Members don't see this ad :)
seriously though, i understand that at big name places you wont be earning much, perhaps even in the range of 90K is that accurate though?

I would hope not. The only places that can probably "afford" to pay poeple that little are Hopkins, Harvard, and maybe Duke...and those faculty probably are doing a bunch of research.

Yeah I would think close to 200k would be more like it, even in academics...would depend if you are interventional vs. not.

Salary in the 200s for an academic cardiologist. This isn't speculation: family friend of ours is an academic cardiologist at the Cleveland Clinic.

btw. non-interventional. Obviously, interventional will be higher.

If money is what you're looking for, academica isn't the place to look. Any time you spend doing research is time spent not billing for procedures. It's a sad reality, but that's how the system works.