Academic Dishonesty 9-10 years ago & Non-trad applying to MD Schools in Canada:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onlineoriginally

Reaction score
*deleted*

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wow, OP. It seems you have changed immensely. I’m no adcom, but I believe you’ve shown a level of maturity that is indicative of growth and preparedness for medical school. Are you applying this cycle? Curious to see what others have to say as well.

Reactions: 1 user
No harm in trying, but don't quit your day job!
Not gonna lie, it is a red flag! But no one can predict how ad com would react to your story, especially given there is a huge surplus of applicants (with clean history) these days.
Consider PA school too, although I don't know how the pay would compare to your current salary. Do not apply to oversees schools.
Ask your letter writers to address trust/professionalism in their letters, and address the issue in your personal statement too.

Reactions: 1 user
No harm in trying, but don't quit your day job!
Not gonna lie, it is a red flag! But no one can predict how ad com would react to your story, especially given there is a huge surplus of applicants (with clean history) these days.
Consider PA school too, although I don't know how the pay would compare to your current salary. Do not apply to oversees schools.
Ask your letter writers to address trust/professionalism in their letters, and address the issue in your personal statement too.
Thanks for the reply! And thats a good idea about asking for topic specific LORs! Yes, you are absolutely right about there being a surplus of applicants, but I am hoping if I am able to tell a good story about what I have learned and how I have grown & change that I might have a shot.