Mar 24, 2012
Status
I got a B (88) in lecture and C in lab (79) no not a science class did fantastic in anatomy and neuro etc.. another class got a C+(79) in a different semester so ended up with dismissal. All other grades are an A or B there are a lot of classes including three internships and research paper completed down to fieldwork. I was down to less than half a year to go. This is depressing understand the policy and take responsbilty but do think these OT schools take it to another level for a field to be in so called shortage a lot are on probation they don't round came to the school from another state!

I know somebody at another school with a 79 who is right now on probation and at my school there are a number of them. I could pass the NBCOT and 1 point doesn't determine that you study for it and come out. One of the classes involved all group work my grade was based on other people we took our work to the tutor what more could we do the grading on the project was tough could of easily been participation for a point we get check marks in our classes for participation points! For me it is not a matter of not understanding the material basically the grading was tough on the group project and in the lab on one assignment they were a good percentage...those two put my B to the C.

The advisor she told me your not capable ....79 okay.. didnt like the way she was acting towards me in the meeting for the dismissal it is like a weed out process she told me in the handbook you couldnt appeal for grades it will get a denial nor retake the classes nor withdrawal and come back.

Does anybody know if can get in somewhere else is it possible at all? Which schools have a C or better policy not a B know there are some my friend is at one and do any take the classes as transfer credits. I lost a good chunk of money and my dream wasn't even far away. I can get my family to help on another one but just not sure can get in that is my question. It is only going to be MORE time.

Last edited:

Sunny324

MOT student
Jun 8, 2012
Midwest USA
Status
Occupational Therapy Student
I understand your frustration with grading policies. Many people in my program are also struggling with the strict standards.

You could look into schools that do a combined BS/MS program in OT. That might be the easiest way to transfer credits. I haven't heard of a MS only program that takes transfer students, although there could be some out there. You will have to search.

Just some constructive criticism: I noticed in your posts that your punctuation and sentence structure could use some work. Are you getting low grades on written assignments and papers? That could be an area for you to examine and improve as you continue your search.

P.S. I know this is a casual online forum and you may have excellent writing skills in your formal writing.

Reactions: Johann00
Apr 16, 2011
Status
Rehab Sci Student
I would e-mail programs and ask to see if they take any. I would look at some dual degree programs and give them a call. My program requires us to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher and grades going no lower than a C. So you can get a C, but if your GPA falls below the 3.0 mark then you will be on academic probation.

bebob

Lyosan
5+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2012
Status
Occupational Therapy Student
Somebody posted a similar question under the title "reapplying possibility," answered by the author of "Ask an Admissions Director," that you might want to check out.

OP
O
Mar 24, 2012
Status
constructive criticism ...this is a forum not school wasn't paying attention to that right now this is not APA format. My grades are very good almost DONE. Not interested in dual programs that will take 5 years have a bachelors. Thanks! I think will apply to some schools and see what happens or will change degree to something else maybe you got to have a back up plan in case OT doesnt work out...warning a 79.9 will get you kicked out they won't round it is robbery. Sometimes you can work really hard at something even in group work but the grading is tough it is a luck! Like in one group they got points off for one girl not wearing panty hose with her dress guess the professor didn't like her pink dress for the power point presentation things like this these schools it is stupid nothing to do with the career this is our money!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2011
Status
Rehab Sci Student
My program is a dual-degree program but it is also entry-level so we have two types of students that can get accepted. One's already pre-accepted and entry-level masters. Look at the ones for entry-level to see if they accept transfers. I'm sorry that your program is really difficult, you just have to find the one that fits you the best.

Reactions: OTCareer