Mar 19, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Hi I heard about a pharmacy school in Nevada that has an academic forgiveness program in which grades are only considered from the past 5 years.

Does anyone know of an OT program that has a similar academic forgiveness policy?

Feb 7, 2011
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
This would be refreshing. But I'm not holding my breath as we wait to hear about all the programs, ANY program of good reputation, advancing this position. Hope I'm off-base. Again.

FutureOT2013

Occupational Therapist
7+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Status
Occupational Therapist
Sounds similar to schools that only look at your last 2 years or last 60 units, but that isn't referred to as academic forgiveness. It's more like a "what have you done for me lately" type of deal. SJSU looks at last 60 and I believe UWashington only looks at your last 2 years also.

Hi I heard about a pharmacy school in Nevada that has an academic forgiveness program in which grades are only considered from the past 5 years.

Does anyone know of an OT program that has a similar academic forgiveness policy?

About the Ads

veggieswirl

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2007
Status
Rehab Sci Student
Most schools will take your last 5 years much more seriously. Grade trend is also important. No school wants to look at your more recent grades, compare them to your older grades, and come to the conclusion that you were once an excellent student that fell into mediocrity. It's good to start at mediocrity at stay there!
Edit: If you retake a prerequisite OT class like Anatomy, the vast majority of schools will consider the better grade, at least most of the schools I've checked with.

Last edited:

superCOTA

MS, OT by 2011 !!!
10+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Is this like State Farm's accident forgiveness?

Be strong and recent in your pre-reqs, dont pick the most popular schools, and have a nice reason (excuse) ... simple immaturity is a good reason. Good Luck.

About the Ads