Academic Resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GradHopeful1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for formatting an academic resume? Specifically, I am wondering where the best place is to include unpublished undergraduate honours theses. Perhaps someone has a good template to recommend?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any suggestions for formatting an academic resume? Specifically, I am wondering where the best place is to include unpublished undergraduate honours theses. Perhaps someone has a good template to recommend?

Thank you in advance.

Mine is a little non-traditional, and adapted from various ones. This is what I did on my CV (pretty much just listed it under Education, as some people will put the title of their honors thesis under the specific institution and degree it corresponds to). You can probably list it under an unpublished thesis/manuscript section too.

Education

[Dates].........[University Name]...............................................................................................................[Location]
...................Graduation date - [Month date, year]
...................[Degree], [w/ Latin and English honors designation]
..........................Overall / Concentration GPA: [/]
..........................Faculty Advisor: []
..........................[Your Name]. [(Year)]. [Title]. Unpublished undergraduate honors thesis, [University Name], [City], [State].
..................................Committee:

You can include as little or as much as you like.

PS - I've included white dots (i.e., "....") to give you an idea of spacing and indentations lol. Don't include them.
PPS - My formatting in this post may only look okay if you have your window open full screen (and have a higher resolution).

Last edited:
Mine's very similar to previous post. Overall suggestion is to keep it clean and simple. You want them to be able to quickly find the main points of your CV/resume.

Was going to put up an example, but the formatting of this site hates me.

Last edited: