Academic Violation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brodaiga

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have something on my record that I am not proud of. At my past school My doctor wrote an excuse for missing an exam, but he wrote the wrong date that I was sick and I changed it to the correct one myself in my haste. I got an F in the class and a mark on my record. I transferred to a diff school as a result and have had a 4.0 GPA since bringing me to a 3.7 now (because of the single F) waiting to apply to med school. I have done things throughout to prove my character, volunteer with troubled kids, whatever. I have always thought that Med schools look at your application and realize you made mistakes (this happend my first semester of college), would that not be true in my case?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you may have to deal with this in your personal statement since it is a serious offense. A brief paragraph explaining about what you wrote in your post here and about how sorry you are now and would never even consider something like this now, that you had matured and now felt this was a vile thing for you to have done, etc.....

Since it is on your record, you really are going to have to explain it.

I will do that, thanks for the reply. I hope adcoms will look past this as a stupid situation in my first semester of college. I hope they can see that this did not ruin me, and I was able to come out on top regaining my integrity. I have been put in positions of responsibility since, T.A. for orgo lab, working as an EMT, and hope that the majority of med schools I apply to can overlook this incident.

Originally posted by brodaiga
I will do that, thanks for the reply. I hope adcoms will look past this as a stupid situation in my first semester of college. I hope they can see that this did not ruin me, and I was able to come out on top regaining my integrity. I have been put in positions of responsibility since, T.A. for orgo lab, working as an EMT, and hope that the majority of med schools I apply to can overlook this incident.

And these are the things you should say to them in your essay. Good luck!!!