accelerated program at a different biz school??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

falx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
edited

Members don't see this ad.

Guinea pigs are fun. Let us know how it goes if you do it.

I had a friend who tried the "unofficial" Stanford MD/MBA. He hated the extra organization that he had to do just to make sure he would be graduating on time (5 yrs with both degrees). If you are going to do it, find an advisor willing to help you through it.

In other news, Hopkins has a business school...well a full-time one now. How long before they start offering MD/MBA. This way, I can stay in Baltimore forever.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a friend who tried the "unofficial" Stanford MD/MBA. He hated the extra organization that he had to do just to make sure he would be graduating on time (5 yrs with both degrees). If you are going to do it, find an advisor willing to help you through it.
I didn't say it would be easy. I know two people that were the "first" through the likes of this type of program, both of them had a hell of time (financial ais and curriculum-wise) but to get the basic curriculum hammered out with the dean of the b-school before the summer you start is KEY. And advisor will help as well.

Guinea pigs are fun. Let us know how it goes if you do it.

In other news, Hopkins has a business school...well a full-time one now. How long before they start offering MD/MBA. This way, I can stay in Baltimore forever.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The unofficial program at Stanford seems like a good opportunity, though it definitely would be scary to have to graduate in 6 years if something didn't work out.

The unofficial program at Stanford seems like a good opportunity, though it definitely would be scary to have to graduate in 6 years if something didn't work out.

Yeah, but graduating in 5 or even 6 years is almost the norm at stanford.

Does anyone know how feasible it is to complete the requirements for both the MD and the MBA @ Stanford in 5 years? One person who did that was mentioned above, but another person told me it would have to take 6 years. They don't have a formal combined program, but the curriculum at Stanford is known to be quite flexible. Thanks!