Accelerated Programs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted19731

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, the deadlines are soon approaching (if not already passed). I think Dec 1 is pretty much late for most schools--however, Dec 15 is probably even acceptable at some.

Unless you have the SAT scores, GPA, class rank, etc., don't worry about rushing for applying to them now, because chances are, they're done reviewing applicants for next year admissions.

Sorry about that... but first call the programs to make. Best of luck.

hey,

i am guessing that you want to become a doctor as fast as you can. but i would recommend that you take your time. medical school is not fun. a lot of people get start medical school at an early age and then wish they had more time to enjoy life. i took five years in undergrad, but i got a lot of great memories that help me get through the rough days in medical school. the more non-science the better off you will be with you social skills. keep in mind medicine is about the patient not the disease.

Members don't see this ad :)
HEY RPW,

I agree totally with Y2KOK. I am currently a senior in undergrad. I had gotten into a few accelerated progs when I was in high school but instead chose to go the traditional route of applying to med school during the last of year of undergrad. Even though I am currently in the middle of interviews and all that stuff, I have never had any second thoughts about turning down the programs I got into four years ago. There are so many experiences during undergrad that, in my opinion, allow you to become a real person.

The MSAR used to have deadlines, I presume they still do, however, I paid no attention to the BA/MD programs, so can't say if those deadlines were included. Something to think about is that even if you are able to turn an application in, if they have been reviewing apps for two months or so, they may have already decided who they are going to offer spots to, so you would have to be better than the people they have already invested energy in when they decided they were going to accept them. However, if you are spectacular, go ahead and apply. As to all the posters who say to take the traditional route, remember that only you can guess what will make you happiest.

I'm finishing my first quarter of medical school, and I've never been happier or enjoyed school more. I liked undergrad a lot, and even liked high school, but this is spectactuarly interesting, and I think that given the opportunity to re-do my undergrad applications, I should have applied to accelerated programs. Of course, if I had, I might not have the wonderful partner and friends I have now because I would have been located elsewhere, but I still wish I could have started med school sooner (and that they could have just been wherever that hypothetical accelerated program was...)