Accept, or not? (Not a what are my changes)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamDriven

Will it be?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to be earning a bachelors degree online from a brick & mortar school who is accredited both online, and at the actual institution. I plan to get my bachelors degree in criminal justice &/or psychology. I will of course not being able to take the medical school prerequisites online, and I plan to take those at an actual local brick and mortar school.

Will medical schools/adcoms care that my undergraduate degree was taken online?

Will it be fine as long as I take the pre-med regular classes at a brick & mortar?

My actual degree will not say online, or any designation, however it will be obvious if they look into it as I will be living 4 hrs or mor away from the actual school.

**** The reason for me not attending a brick & mortar is I am working fulltime, and work 1:15pm-10:15pm everyday, and the actual per credit hour price is cheaper online then any of the local community colleges, and state funded univesity's. ****

Thank You,
Dream Driven

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am going to be earning a bachelors degree online from a brick & mortar school who is accredited both online, and at the actual institution. I plan to get my bachelors degree in criminal justice &/or psychology. I will of course not being able to take the medical school prerequisites online, and I plan to take those at an actual local brick and mortar school.

Will medical schools/adcoms care that my undergraduate degree was taken online?

Will it be fine as long as I take the pre-med regular classes at a brick & mortar?

My actual degree will not say online, or any designation, however it will be obvious if they look into it as I will be living 4 hrs or mor away from the actual school.

**** The reason for me not attending a brick & mortar is I am working fulltime, and work 1:15pm-10:15pm everyday, and the actual per credit hour price is cheaper online then any of the local community colleges, and state funded univesity's. ****

Thank You,
Dream Driven

Do well at a brick and mortar school and on the MCAT and you should be okay. Just be aware that some online institutions have the reputation for being diploma mills.

I suppose with that being said about reputation, and diploma mills I should ask generally to see if the school I plan to attend is considered a diploma mil.. Liberty University, is it a diploma mill?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with TopSecret, if you get good grades on your BCPM/prerequisites (and in your online courses) and do well on your mcat, you'll be fine. My dad teaches for B&M universities both online and off and I can say that he does not slack off on his classes. Many students feel entitled to an easier class because it's online, but it doesn't work out that way =)

As long as on your Transcript doesn't (Online Course or The University of _____ school online) You should be good

I suppose with that being said about reputation, and diploma mills I should ask generally to see if the school I plan to attend is considered a diploma mil.. Liberty University, is it a diploma mill?

I know nothing about Liberty except what wikipedia tells me. That being said, the first sentence on Liberty's page notes that most students attend class online. So although it is possible that you went to a traditional class most will assume you took your classes online.

Second, the university (again according to wikipedia, may not be accurate) only hirers scientists that believe in the bible as a true account of the creation of earth and that the earth is at most 10,000 years old. If this agrees with your religous views that is fine. However, if it doesn't, your science background will be very odd as it is quite difficult to explain evolution and natural selection in 10,000 years. And I honestly do not know what you would learn in biology without evolution. All of my biological sciences class depended heavily upon evolutionary theories.

Just some food for thought. Best of luck.

dru2002,

I don't believe in Liberty's religious efforts, and I don't plan to take any science classes except the basic generals at liberty. Once I have a degree I plan to be moved up in the schedule at work to where I can go to brick & mortar for the medical school prerequistes(sp?), or I will have a different job to go to local university. I am noway going to attend liberty for the medical school prerequisites(sp?).