Acceptance: A Novel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LadyInRed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking the other day that the stories that we all have from interviews could easily be made into a crazy novel. Well, apparently it already was. I'm about halfway through a book called "Acceptance" by Susan Coll and I would HIGHLY recommend it if you're in the mood for a light-hearted, hilarious book. It's written from the perspective of a mother of a college applicant as she stands by and watches the chaos that ensues during the application process. It parodies the craziness of "what are my chances of getting in with a GPA of 3.8 AND if I speak 4 languages," "how likely is it that I'll get in if I was wait listed," "how can I cram 5 million vocabulary words in the 3 weeks I have before the SAT," "yes this motel is across the street from the school I'm visiting but am I really expected to sleep on this flea-ridden mattress," and similar questions near and dear our hearts over the past few months.

If this sounds at all interesting, check out the hilarious Newsweek review of the book: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17888447/site/newsweek/?rf=snwnewsletter

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I guess we have all had our share of random experiences over the past several months, and I think I will use my Borders gift card from Christmas to pick this up. It looks interesting. Thanks for sharing! :cool: