Acceptance after interviewing very late in cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blake1e

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview scheduled in the last week of January and I was wondering what I can reasonably expect to happen. Has anybody been accepted with an interview this late in the cycle? How common/uncommon is getting accepted in a situation like this? Or is the waitlist the more likely best outcome of all this? And only getting in if a miracle occurs and someone changes their mind about the school last minute.

For the curious and if it helps with answering the question the school interviewing me is Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Dental Medicine.

I also applied early, 2nd batch.

(Quick stats recap: Overall/sci = 3.21/3.06, DAT scores in sig below, and decently good EC)

Members don't see this ad.

Especially with LECOM, I'm sure positions are still available. You have great DAT scores... I'm honestly surprised they took this long to invite you.

Especially with LECOM, I'm sure positions are still available. You have great DAT scores... I'm honestly surprised they took this long to invite you.

They invited me for this scheduled interview time slot (with no other choice but for that exact date at the end of january) back in Oct 30. Yeah even with the DAT scores I worked so hard to attain (and the 4.0s or near Ive been getting for the past ~4 semesters) Im still having a very difficult time this cycle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the link Doc. Chances look slim. Still going to attend for the hell of it.

Im still interested in hearing more people's thoughts, and any experiences from those that were in a similar position.

you should attend ONLY if you plan on attending that school.

you should attend ONLY if you plan on attending that school.
At this point in the cycle I cant be picky. If my waitlist school doesnt come through and this school is the only one that accepts me I will go.

At this point in the cycle I cant be picky. If my waitlist school doesnt come through and this school is the only one that accepts me I will go.

Tips for interviewing at LECOM:

1. It is a group an interview but make sure you don't try to dominate the conversation.
2. Don't answer a particular question too LONG.... ( I modified my answer slightly for lecom)
3. Be confident but NOT over confident.

I got accepted at lecom on dec 2nd...

good luck

Tips for interviewing at LECOM:

1. It is a group an interview but make sure you don't try to dominate the conversation.
2. Don't answer a particular question too LONG.... ( I modified my answer slightly for lecom)
3. Be confident but NOT over confident.

I got accepted at lecom on dec 2nd...

good luck
Thanks for the tips. Good work on getting the acceptance. By your tone, I take it youre going elsewhere for d school

I have an interview scheduled in the last week of January and I was wondering what I can reasonably expect to happen. Has anybody been accepted with an interview this late in the cycle? How common/uncommon is getting accepted in a situation like this? Or is the waitlist the more likely best outcome of all this? And only getting in if a miracle occurs and someone changes their mind about the school last minute.

For the curious and if it helps with answering the question the school interviewing me is Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine School of Dental Medicine.

(Quick stats recap: Overall/sci = 3.21/3.06, DAT scores in sig below, and decently good EC)

Hey,

I saw your posts on other threads. I wish you best of luck for this cycle.

Godspeed.