acceptance/deposit help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grossmed198

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting to get interviews at schools but I have a concern about getting them early. Say I go for an interview at school "A" and find out that I later than get accepted to school "A" but have yet to receive an invitation to interview at any other school. Hypothetically I put a deposit down on school "A" and afterward start getting interviews and acceptances at other schools that are a better fit for me/ I have more of an interest attending, does school "A" notify other schools that I have accepted their offer and will I not get any more interviews? Am I allowed to make a deposit to one school and withdraw my acceptance if I get into another school I rather attend? I am not worried or concerned about losing the money for the deposit. I don't care if I lose my deposit if that is the case. If I am put in this situation am I allowed to put a deposit down for one school and accept their offer but have the ability to withdraw it if a better acceptance comes along/ interview? How does this all work? HELP!

Members don't see this ad.

I am starting to get interviews at schools but I have a concern about getting them early. Say I go for an interview at school "A" and find out that I later than get accepted to school "A" but have yet to receive an invitation to interview at any other school. Hypothetically I put a deposit down on school "A" and afterward start getting interviews and acceptances at other schools that are a better fit for me/ I have more of an interest attending, does school "A" notify other schools that I have accepted their offer and will I not get any more interviews? Am I allowed to make a deposit to one school and withdraw my acceptance if I get into another school I rather attend? I am not worried or concerned about losing the money for the deposit. I don't care if I lose my deposit if that is the case. If I am put in this situation am I allowed to put a deposit down for one school and accept their offer but have the ability to withdraw it if a better acceptance comes along/ interview? How does this all work? HELP!

Yes you can put a deposit down to hold your seat then withdraw, lose your deposit, and accept another program.

Yes you can even extend (if you used the search function) acceptance offers/deposit offers until after you get the interview/acceptance you want.

Reactions: 1 user