SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Acceptance envelopes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Kazzar, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Kazzar

Kazzar Psychiatrist 7+ Year Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Ventura, CA
    I am curious what kind of notificaiton do you get when you get accepted. I know some schools call you and then send you something in the mail. Is it a small letter that says, "You got an acceptance, you may jump up and down now obnoxiously" or a big fat packet with tons of juicy forms to fill out? I am waiting for decisions from WashU and USC (and UCI if they get me off their pathetic waitlist), so I am wondering if a stuffed mailbox is a good thing (I have to get a key if there is more than a simple 4"x8" letter in my mailbox; so key=happiness).

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Sarena

Sarena Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Big envelope, lots of forms = acceptance. Good Luck.

4. TommyGunn04

TommyGunn04 10+ Year Member

Mar 7, 2002
    Durham, NC
    Some schools ONLY send out small letters, even when you're accepted, so be careful not to throw anything away! I know that Georgetown does this, and I've heard that Harvard does too.

5. Coalboy

Coalboy Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2001
    East Providence, RI
    Both Maryland and UAB send acceptances in regular letter-sized envelopes. They are somewhat thick, at least a lot thicker that a single-paged rejection letter.

6. Doc AdamK in 2006

Doc AdamK in 2006 Now 2 year UB Med Doc 7+ Year Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Defintely Buffalo
    My friend was really stupid. He saw a small envelope from one of his top choices. He was pissed so he ripped it up. It happened to be an acceptance letter.

They come in all shapes and sizes

AK

7. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 26, 2001
    Cincinnati, OH
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Coalboy:
    <strong>Both Maryland and UAB send acceptances in regular letter-sized envelopes. They are somewhat thick, at least a lot thicker that a single-paged rejection letter.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Add Ohio State to this type of acceptance. Actually, they send out 2 letters. One is just one sheet of paper from Dr. Notestine. This is followed closely (the next day for me) with a thicker regular-sized envelope from the admissions offce which contains several forms.