Acceptance for Texas OT Programs 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JavOT10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got acceptance letter from Texas Tech yesterday! Congrats to anyone else who did as well! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Received mine yesterday as well- SO excited as they were my #1 choice! Elated doesn't come close to describing how I feel, especially given the high # of applicants they received. Wish we could start the program sooner. Looking forward to meeting the entire class.

Congratulations on your admissions offer - I hope you get your #1 as well.

Got acceptance email from TWU- Houston!!! Congrats to everyone else who did as well!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
UTMB sent out acceptance emails today!! YAY! Congratulations to all!

Got accepted to TWU-Dallas Cmapus! Congrats to everyone else that did. PM with your name so we can Facebook each other. :)

just got my acceptance into TWU Dallas Campus! ...way pumped!

Last edited:
Just got my acceptance packet from San Antonio, my first choice! What a relief to finally know where I am going!!! Anyone else get any news!!???

Congratulations! I hope I get to experience being accepted to my first choice, as well.

hey guys, I applied to UTMB in late December and did my interview a couple weeks ago. Does anyone know how many spots are left in the class, because I know it's rolling admissions...

not too sure, but I interviewed in early december and they said they were trying to fill the slots ASAP, but i know several people who have been accepted but are still deciding between UTMB and other schools. did you apply to any other schools in texas?

thanks for the info, yeah, i applied and got accepted to TWU-Houston as well...I just wanted to keep my options open!

Yea, I go in there too! But i turned them down, I am really not interested in research, and they are definitely more research based than all the other schools! Well good luck, I hope you get good news! P.S. I think if you got in at TWU, UTMB should be in the bag! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was accepted to Tech as well they were my #1 too, I am super excited! Congratulations! See you in June

No, did not want to take the GRE just for one school! :)

Jav0T10, How long after you interviewed did you hear a response? I just interviewed at UTMB last friday. That was the only place I applied so I am anxiously waiting...

I heard 2 weeks later. A friend of mine interviewed that same day, her name is Hilary. I will let you know when she tells me something! Good luck!

Thanks.

Hey do you think you can put your stats "GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES" on the sticky above. You seemed to have gotten into almost every Texas OT school. I'd be a good reference for others.

So you are also a Javelina? sweet! Thanks for your help.

JavOT, how did you go about withdrawing your acceptances from the schools you don't want to go to?

Has anyone else turned down acceptances from Texas schools?

Just emailed. I sent thank you for your time and consideration, but I have decided to attend graduate school elsewhere. They just emailed back Thank you. No biggie. They have a long list of students to invite! Where have you decided to go?

For those of you admitted to Tech, a FB page has been started- please join. Search for TTUHSC 2012 MOT. See you all soon!

That is awesome. I am considering applying to the Dallas TWU MOT program however I am nervous. If you do not mind sharing can you please tell me what your overall GPA was and do you know how many people applied?

Thanks so much

Ok so I was reading the post and congrats to everyone who got accepted into OT school I am sure you all will make great therapist, but I have a question does anyone not mind telling me the average GPA and GRE score for acceptance into texas programs also does anyone happen to know how many students are accepted into each cohort class and how many applicants each season it would be highly appreciated. I have a 3.33 gpa and a 990 gre and suggestions on what to work on to get accepted I will most likely be an out of state resident!

Last edited:
Got acceptance letter from Texas Tech yesterday! Congrats to anyone else who did as well! :)
you seem like you did your homework did could you possible tell me what the average GRE and GPA for acceptance into texas schools also how many are admitted to each and a personal congrats to you.

Hi! Im new to sdn where is the "sticky" located with your stats? Congrats on all your acceptances !!