1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Acceptance in hand, Interview for Waitlist worth it?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by droshan, Jan 7, 2009.

1. droshan

droshan Waitlist King!
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Hey I know there are a few of you out there in a similar situation, with one or a few acceptances, that also received the invitation for interview at MCW for the waitlist spot. It is even worth it to go to the interview? Especially to fly out from the west coast? Is there something that MCW offers that Drexel doesn't have? They claim that they do "rely on the waitlist" but is there a good deal of movement? Any input would be greatly appreciated! If I am to withdraw do I need to call or can I just send them an email?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. funkydrmonkey

funkydrmonkey They Call Me Dr. Funkmonk
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I thought on the MCW thread they said that they have little WL movement, like 10 people... so I would say, do not waste your money, unless you really love Wisconsin...

4. droshan

droshan Waitlist King!
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    My brother went to UWM, but that's about all the connection I have for the state. I think I'm gonna pass then!

5. TheElement

TheElement Being Lazzy
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah I had something like that, I just sent them an email, thanked them for offering me an interview, and respectfully declined.

I wouldn't go unless it's like your top choice or something.

6. droshan

droshan Waitlist King!
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    Thx for the input guys, I sent the letter to them. I feel kinda bad but whatever. It really feels weird declining an interview especially when that's all you've been wanting all year long...

7. chad5871

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Don't feel bad. Hopefully they can give your spot to someone who really wants (or needs it). Congrats on your acceptance!