General Admissions & OTCAS Acceptance info: How likely am I to do well?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

damienk

Reaction score
Hi All!
Im the first in my family to go for a doctorate so im a little new to the process. Id appreciate an honest assessment of my qualifications and what you think my chances of getting accepted to these programs are. Any tips etc are appreciated.

GPA: 3.85
University: University of Toledo
Major: Recreational Therapy minor in Business Administration
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9-3.83(school dependent)
Observation Hours: 134 pediatric outpatient and I am applying to work in 3 different OT facilities currently, I got somewhat messed over by COVID as I had a job lined up for traveling OT and acute care over the summer (2020) and they fell through
Extra Curricular: Rec Therapy Club, American Sign Language Club, Volunteering with Boys and Girls club, various volunteering hours with nursing homes

Im assuming my GRE scores will be at least this
VERBAL: 152-158
QUANTITATIVE: 153-158
WRITING: 4.0

Ohio State
Florida
Indiana
IUPUI
Colorado State
UNC Chapel Hill
Univ Wisconsin
Cincinnati

Thanks for taking the time to read this and reply! Have a fantastic day!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All!
Im the first in my family to go for a doctorate so im a little new to the process. Id appreciate an honest assessment of my qualifications and what you think my chances of getting accepted to these programs are. Any tips etc are appreciated.

GPA: 3.85
University: University of Toledo
Major: Recreational Therapy minor in Business Administration
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9-3.83(school dependent)
Observation Hours: 134 pediatric outpatient and I am applying to work in 3 different OT facilities currently, I got somewhat messed over by COVID as I had a job lined up for traveling OT and acute care over the summer (2020) and they fell through
Extra Curricular: Rec Therapy Club, American Sign Language Club, Volunteering with Boys and Girls club, various volunteering hours with nursing homes

Im assuming my GRE scores will be at least this
VERBAL: 152-158
QUANTITATIVE: 153-158
WRITING: 4.0

Ohio State
Florida
Indiana
IUPUI
Colorado State
UNC Chapel Hill
Univ Wisconsin
Cincinnati

Thanks for taking the time to read this and reply! Have a fantastic day!
Honestly your stats are much better than mine when I applied. I wouldn't worry. If possible, you would be a much more competitive candidate if your GRE scores are a tad higher (especially Verbal and Writing). Once again, that is if they still consider GRE (I heard they might be phasing it out). I applied to Colorado State and they are super competitive (since its a state school). Magoosh helped me prep and boost my score by a couple of points.

I would spend some time to consider who to ask letter of recs from and the personal statement. As Personal Statement is the one of the crucial parts of an app as this is the only chance they have to get to know you and why you are a strong candidate. Just be sure to show how passionate you are about the field.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly your stats are much better than mine when I applied. I wouldn't worry. If possible, you would be a much more competitive candidate if your GRE scores are a tad higher (especially Verbal and Writing). Once again, that is if they still consider GRE (I heard they might be phasing it out). I applied to Colorado State and they are super competitive (since its a state school). Magoosh helped me prep and boost my score by a couple of points.

I would spend some time to consider who to ask letter of recs from and the personal statement. As Personal Statement is the one of the crucial parts of an app as this is the only chance they have to get to know you and why you are a strong candidate. Just be sure to show how passionate you are about the field.

Best of luck!
Thanks so much for your reply, I very much appreciate the input!!