1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

acceptance letter

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by shammitandel, Nov 30, 2002.

1. shammitandel

shammitandel Member
    7+ Year Member

hi friends,
    if any one of you get acceptance letter from any college(bu upenn nyu tuftts) please do post here. thanx.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. saravs

saravs Member
    10+ Year Member

I got mine from TUFTS a while ago in August.
    Thanks
    Saravs

4. angelalee

angelalee Member
    7+ Year Member

I got mine from both UPenn and BU, first in Oct, later one last month.

5. shammitandel

shammitandel Member
    7+ Year Member

6. angelalee

angelalee Member
    7+ Year Member

BU gave me an early notice. so I think probably most people will get notices by mid of dec.

7. DDS_FIGHT

DDS_FIGHT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi All,
    This thread is great. Congratulations to you all who are getting the offer letters. You deserve it and we all hope one day we could post these messages on this board.

COULD YOU PLEASE post your details : Like NBDE Scores, TOEFL Scores, GPA, Dental Degree etc., This will greatly help us future applicants in making an intelligent decision.

Also would TOEFL scores matter in the admission decision as long as you crossed their cut off ??

8. guru

guru Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi

I got my 3 admission letters in this sequence. TUFTS, NYU and lastly BU ..........everything came in November. I am trying to decide between TUFTS and BU.

To DDS-FIGHT,
    Every scores does matter, incl TOEFL scores.

To everyone, I wish the best of lucks in your struggle.

9. DDS_FIGHT

DDS_FIGHT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Guru,
    Thats a good show. Could you guys post your credentials. Like scores, GPA, TOEFL and any other experiences?

10. badayyeh

badayyeh Junior Member

Hellow,
    This board is a wealth of info. Did anyone get anything from BU as far as acceptance letters. I know that a list is comming out in Dec; but I was wondering if it acctually got out or not. Please answer me back. Anything could help at this point.

Best Wishes for everyone

11. Esthetics

Esthetics Junior Member

Hey Guru,

Congratulations to you on recieving admission letters from three different school!!

Let us know where you finally decide to get in.
    Congrats again.

Good luck...

12. guru

guru Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey

Thanks Esthetics , I also wish you luck too. I'll let you know where I finally decide.

13. kotagiri

kotagiri New Member

Anyone hear from BU yet? If not, any information on when they will let us know? Thanks.

14. merl

merl Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi ,
    Bu has sent first round of acceptance letters ,the other half would be in Feb 1st or 2nd week.

15. anshu

anshu Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi

what about nyu????:rolleyes:

16. merl

merl Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Anshu,
    Nyu has also sent acceptance to most of those interveiwed before ie till dec.Still their interveiws are going on so you can still count on it

17. cjharry

cjharry Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi
    can anyone tell me about the interview in nyu, i'm having mine on 01/09.
    do u have to take any documents for the interview? how are my chances of getting admission since i have a late interview. i hear most of them are done with the interviews.

18. merl

merl Member
    7+ Year Member

hi guru,

I have a small question,where u waitlisted in tufts for this 2003 or got acceptance for 2004. I have been waitlisted in tufts for 2003.so i'm just think'n whether to go to Bu this yr or tufts if given admission for 2004. Any thoughts regarding my situation??

Thanks,
    Merl

19. angelalee

angelalee Member
    7+ Year Member

hi, I went to NYU for interview just yesterday. They don't offer food for breakfast, so feed yourself before you go. I was the only one there of the advanced standing, other five are for four year DDS. It's simple, just relax. They said that they would still interview for one more month and let us know whether they want us. It's expensive to live around the NYU. Be prepared. They don't need to see any documents when interview you. Just bring yourself.

For Merl's question. I think one more year's waiting is not worthy. The tuition fee increases every year by 3%, NYU claims.

Just a piece of advice.

with you all good luck and happy new year!

angelalee

20. badayyeh

badayyeh Junior Member

Hi Merl,
    You said that BU is going to send the other half of its letters in Feb, where did you get this info from. Also did you already get your letter of acceptance from BU,when was that and when did you interview there. Sorry for asking all these question; but, I am kind of desperate for some answers. My girl friend interviewed at BU in Oct, and we still did not get anything, I am not sure if this is good or bad. Do you have any insights that you could share. Thank you so much for you time and congradulations on your acceptance.

Best Wishes

21. merl

merl Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi badayyeh,

Even two of my friends were interveiwed in oct they din't receive anything yet they are counting on 2nd batch of acceptance.One of my friend was interveiwed in dec they said
    theirs was last batch to be interveiwed in 2002 they would send out acceptance only after the Mrs Narges aiesyeri returns after vacation that is Jan 10 and might send in late jan or early feb.
    so don't worry u'r Gf will make it

22. caninus

caninus Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got an acceptance letter from UOP...

23. DDS_FIGHT

DDS_FIGHT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Caninus,
    Could you share your experience with UOP interview and other details that could help us future applicants?. That will be of great help Caninus. Also Ur credentials like NBDE scores, TOEFL and GPA. Again Congrats and Have all the fun now. You deserve it all.

24. caninus

caninus Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

My advice for UOP is - practice hard for the bench part. Order the manual and the models from UOP and try to do exactly what they ask you. On the exam, all the preparations are on the maxilla, but you don't have to work indirectly (with a mirror) - you can take the model in your hand and turn it around wile you perform the preparations. That was a pleasant surprise for me! You will also work only with a high speed hand piece as well as with chisels, hatchets, etc..
    I scored only 85 on part I and 270 on TOEFL. The GPA's are not relevant (at least that's what people at UOP say) since different schools have different criteria.
    Sincerely, I am not sure what got me accepted. I am sure that I did well on the bench exam but you cen never be certain about the interviews...
    I hope this will help. I wish you good luck.

25. merl

merl Member
    7+ Year Member

CONGRATS :clap: + :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

26. DDS_FIGHT

DDS_FIGHT Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

AGAIN CONGRATS AND ENJOY !!

27. Huda

Huda Junior Member

Hello Caninus...

i wanted to ask....U of PENN asked u to take a bench exam?? was that after you passed the interview? What did they ask you to do? Is there a written exam...I didn't find any info in t heir website about a bench exam.

Another question...do u know a place where someone can practice clinically before the bench exam

thanks agian

best of luck

28. Huda

Huda Junior Member

Hello Caninus...

i wanted to ask....U of PENN asked u to take a bench exam?? was that after you passed the interview? What did they ask you to do? Is there a written exam...I didn't find any info in t heir website about a bench exam.

Another question...do u know a place where someone can practice clinically before the bench exam

thanks agian

best of luck

29. caninus

caninus Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

UOP means University of the Pacific in San Francisco. that's not UPenn

30. drpooja

drpooja Junior Member

Hi Caninus,
    Congrats for acceptance. When was ur interview? I had it in Dec. but have not heard from them as yet. Any idea when to expect something from them?

31. caninus

caninus Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

My interview was in September and I got the acceptance in mid-November. So, if it works that way, you should get your's in February...
    Good Luck!