Acceptance offer form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laballsummer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all!

I'm fortunate enough to have gotten an acceptance from my top choice. The electronic acceptance offer form, that must be signed by april 30th, says "I have withdrawn in writing from all other medical schools to which I have been admitted".

This is new to me, as none of the other acceptance forms I signed have used this language. Is it absolutely necessary to do this? Are there any repercussions from holding on to another acceptance (for now) and signing the form?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

April 30 is the AAMC Traffic date in which you can only hold on to one acceptance. That is what it is referring to.

Members don't see this ad :)
There should be one form you use to reserve the spot and a different form you use to lock into your choice, I think?

If your school only has one form and it's due on April 30th, why not wait until you have withdrawn your other offers before you submit it?

Ask around on the school-specific thread for that school. I'm sure that you're not the only one in this situation.

Reactions: 1 user