mofuturedoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2002
Visit site
Status
how much effect would it play on your acceptance to med school, if you missed out on a schedualed semester of undergrad due to financial reasons.

my other question is that. I have been commuting to school and i feel like i sould move there. My girl friend realy hates this idea due to us bing so close, and then having to be seperated. I tryed to tell her things would be alright but I just dont think she gets it. Is there any advice anyone can give me on this one thinks agin so much

SexyEgptnDr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 15, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Status
I don't think that missing out on a semester of college due to financial problems would affect your chance of admission to medical school. If they ask about it, they will more than likely ask how you will prevent that during medical school...so, make sure to have answers as to types of loans that you will be applying for/scholarships/family ect....but make it look like you've done your research and you've got it covered. I had a similiar situation where to go to school I had to work two full time jobs and go to school full time and my grades suffered a little...but, they just asked me whether or not I was planning on working during medical school....so, this is a similar situation for ya!

As far as your second questions with your girlfriend- I'm no Sally Jesse Rafael....but do what's best for you....the people who love you will follow you or continue to be close to you in other ways...and if they don't, then they're not worth it anyway!