Acceptance Rescinded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

braluk

SDN Surgerynator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here, or know of anyone here have their acceptance to medical school rescinded because of poor grades in their last year? What other reasons have you heard of that forced a medical school to withdraw their invitation of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone here, or know of anyone here have their acceptance to medical school rescinded because of poor grades in their last year? What other reasons have you heard of that forced a medical school to withdraw their invitation of acceptance?

Any dishonesty during the application process would be a clear reason to revoke an acceptance.

Failure to meet deadlines.

Failure to complete pre-reqs.

Last year there was a gal that went all the way to the last day of orientation without knowing for sure if she was going to be allowed to matriculate at hopkins because of bad grades her last year. She ended up being forgiven and allowed to attend, but she had some pretty good reasons for her bad grades and had to go through all sorts of loops to be able to attend. It also helped her that the dean who was giving her trouble got fired that week.
I think Indryd was her ID on the site. There is a long thread concerning what she went through last year. I think the thread was named "Hopkins people, serious trouble here" or something like that. It was in the allopathic forum.

Members don't see this ad :)
committing a crime.

What counts as poor grades? I am on the verge of getting a C, maybe 2. But mainly because of all of time in school I have missed flying to interviews and such. Would this be a good enough case? I really hope so.

I think that as long as you don't fail too many classes you don't have to worry about having acceptances revoked. I wouldn't worry about a C here or there, since people with C's in their first 3 years get in :rolleyes: