Acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

subzero0174

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Does anybody have any idea as to whether someone with a 28M 3.8GPA and around 120 hours of OR volunteer experience would stand a chance of getting into Brown, Boston University, or NYU? I know there are alot more factors but im just looking for an educated guess at this point. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would guess that BU is a good shot. They overlook "weaker" MCATs often. Since this is the first year for standard brown admission and they are only extending offers to fill 10 seats, no one culd begin to guess what they are looking for. And NYU, I have no idea. I did not even get an interview there, so I think that that is a good sign for you that theysaw beyond stats and invited you.

i wouldn't count on BU...32Q, 3.8 UG GPA and 3.9 Grad GPA, comparable ER experience plus EMT, and research....REJECTED post-secondary. altho, i have to say, their rejection letter was quite nice. :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
I am waiting post-interview from NYU too. I have the same stats (3.8 and 28) as you. Keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck!!!

Let me know how that goes golfdoc. Keep me posted. Good Luck