1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

acceptance %

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by reed0104, Nov 7, 1999.

1. reed0104

reed0104 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I was wondering what % of interviewees get accepted to shcools like KCOM and Des Moines?

Thanks,

Bryan

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DocGibby

DocGibby Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

In general, they always say that once you got that interview it's yours to lose. In otherwords, you'll get in unless you just have an absolutely horrible interview. When you show up for your interview, the schools convey this to you right away. That's the way I felt.

------------------
    DocGibby
    MSUCOM class of 2004

4. 705

I believe they interview 400 and accept about 300 for around 200 spots, approx. 100 accpeted go elsewhere. So if you interview well, you are in. They only interview those they already are convinced can handle the material and way of life.

PS: Just be yourself and everyone will be well-served.

5. Try these links:
    http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad99/dir-med/04136.admis.htm
    http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/grad99/dir-med/04133.admis.htm

I interviewed at both schools a couple of weeks ago. KCOM interview was VERY conversational and low stress. They are one on one and last about an hour, which I prefer over those gd panel interviews. They let you call the following Thursday morning to find out the adcom decision.

Des Moines was a panel interview. They were all very nice and it wasn't as conversational, with more specific questions. They asked some difficult questions but overall it was a pleasant experience. They called six days later with the adcoms decision.

I felt I interviewed well, not stunning, but I talked alot, asked a lot of questions, spoke very candidly. At each school I got stumped once. I beat around the bush awhile, then asked if we could move on or come back to it later so not as to waste precious time. I guess this didn't bother them as we never got back to the original question and I got in both schools! So be honest.

At these schools, you have a very good chance of acceptance if u get an interview. I wouldn't say that you are in unless you gaffe - but as long as you do fairly well you have a great shot.

FWIW, I interviewed well (I thought) at AZCOM. In fact, they told me "You did great" as I left the room. I was waitlisted. So go figure. It's all a crapshoot