acceptance!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucdbiochem

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone been accepted to any CA pharm. schools?
please post.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted: USC
Waiting to hear post interview: UCSF
Rejected without interview: UCSD

hey triangulation..how come you got rejected from ucsd..its not accredited yet, but got accepted to usc.

btw, when did you have your interview date...i thought the first one was in february 22.???

Members don't see this ad :)
btw, when did you have your interview date...i thought the first one was in february 22.???

Not even. They've been interviewing since last october. Mine was 1/25. There's still more i.v.s in march

Oh yeah, as for UCSD, that class is only 30 students so it's ultra competitive. I'm sure it's gonna be a great program soon. USC is 188 students and UCSF is 122 or 110.

It varies, but I heard back from SC in 3 wks. They'll tell you at the iv. I iv'd at UCSF in the middle of January, but I don't expect to hear back from them until the end of march or april. Just call the admissions office or ask during your iv

UOP got back to me in about 3-4 weeks.

a little correction on triangulation's post about. UCSD will only accept 25 students this year. they'll increase the class size to 60 in a few years. so as you can tell, the program is really tough to get into, but you'll get to enjoy being in a small class.

hey ucdbiocehm...you said uop notified you 3-4 weeks after..was this after interivew, or after the turn in of applicaiton. i still have not heard from them..and i turned in my application in january..is this real, real bad?/

tryinghard,
UOP accepted me about 3 weeks after the interview.
no worries, they're still doing interviews until march.
just keep studying your mcat.

UCSD--interviewed 1/11: waiting
USC--interviewed 1/25: accepted on 2/14
Western--interviewed 1/28: waiting
UCSF--interviewed 1/31: waiting
UOP---interview set on 3/7: withdraw

ucdbiochem-- when did you interview at uop??

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed at uop on 1/10

USC interview January - waitlisted
UOP 3/21
UCSF denied without interview
Nevada College of Pharmacy Febuary - waiting
Midwestern University March 2 - waiting
Northeastern University - rejected without interview.

Im getting worried

riskhk,

why didn't you apply to western or ucsd?:confused:

yeah, i wonder why also. ucsd has the same thing as ucsf. in fact, it's easier cause they used online application form.
western's application has more questions. but i didn't do it cause they require too many pre-req's.

Good questions.

I applied to UCSF cause it was a "goal" school. I knew it was unattainable. I knew UCSD was at the same range, and I didn't want to bother spending any more money.

I actually finished the application for Western by the deadline, but I was missing one letter or rec (it was at my prof's doorstep 8 hours away from me).
I assumed they were strict on their deadline so I didn't even bother.

sigh....another rejection . (Northeastern University)

don't worry. you still have one more shot at uop.
pm me if you have any questions.

hey..can you tell me about ucsf..is it as i think-big on research, not so much on patient care. do they only accept california residents-or do they accept some people without a pharm school?

ucsf is good at both research and patient care.
yes, they do accept some exceptional students from out of state.
but only a few.
for more info, go to www.pharmacy.ucsf.edu

got into UCSD today. i'm going to give my UOP seat to someone else.

Cool, so you got your acceptance letter today?? Is it a thick bunch of packets?

hi everyone.. i'm new so cut me some slack! anyways, about uop.. do you know how long they'll send out interview invitations? i haven't heard anything from them yet.. i'm getting worried cause it's already march. should i call to inquire about my status? i get the idea that they don't like to be bothered with that stuff, just like ucsf.

Ucdbiochem congrads on UCSD! When did you hear about UCSD? As for me still waiting and biting my nails

UCSD: Interviewed 1/17 (Waiting)
U of Minnesota : Interviewed 2/22 (Waiting)
U of Colorado: Interview 3/10

Originally posted by ucdbiochem
got into UCSD today. i'm going to give my UOP seat to someone else.

Can u check and see when did UCSD send your acceptance letter? did u interview at UCSF? I called uop and withdrew my interview invitation today. Regardless, I am going to USC next year.

This may not be the appropriate question for this forum but I was wondering, for these who were admitted to pharmacy school, how you guys took care of rec letters. I am applying for 2004. UOP said I cannot apply if I don't have Pharmacist's rec letter. Pharmacist in LA area don't let me shadow them, let alone write rec letter for me.
Also, I am having a major writer's block. Is there anyway I can see a sample of pharmacy school essay??

spoons,
it's important to get a letter of rec from a pharmacist even the school accept LOR from other health professionals. afterall you're applying to p-school.
try to find a pharm clerk position at your location drug store. they usually want people to work for them instead of volunteer. i had that experience before. they all didn't want me to volunteer because of confidentiality and liability issue.
as far as personal statement, every school asks for different things. usually they ask why you wanna become a pharmacist.
good luck.

Seems like somebody is trying to yank our chain...

I called UCSD's admissions office today and spoke to a member of the admissions staff regarding their admissions decisions. The woman said that UCSD JUST started sending out their acceptance/rejection letters this afternoon and that no one has been notified yet of their status either by mail or phone. You can call the admissions office and confirm this for yourselves. Nice try, pal. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PharmGuyinCA
Seems like somebody is trying to yank our chain...

I called UCSD's admissions office today and spoke to a member of the admissions staff regarding their admissions decisions. The woman said that UCSD JUST started sending out their acceptance/rejection letters this afternoon and that no one has been notified yet of their status either by mail or phone. You can call the admissions office and confirm this for yourselves. Nice try, pal. :rolleyes:

UNETHICAL post :laugh: I guess I will receive a letter from UCSD tomorrow. :clap:

Nothing unethical, just the facts! :D Plus, he never gave any credible evidence to back up his claim so I had to call him out on it, especially since I have info to the contrary.

Originally posted by PharmGuyinCA
Nothing unethical, just the facts! :D Plus, he never gave any credible evidence to back up his claim so I had to call him out on it, especially since I have info to the contrary.

I am implying his post was unethical, not yours.

sorry for the confusion. i actually received an email from Kim Ciero today (3/3) saying that I've been accepted along with a pdf format of the acceptance letter. They also mailed out the hardcopy to me today. so i should receive it tomorrow (tues).
You can call the admissions office and confirm this for yourselves, too.

BMBiology:

we interviewed at UCSD on the same day. so if we're the first pick, we should receive acceptance letter soon. best of luck!

BMBiology:

we interviewed at UCSD on the same day. so if we're the first pick, we should receive acceptance letter soon. best of luck!

I remember meeting someone at the UCSD interview that interviewed at UOP on 1/10 . I wonder if you are her.

Originally posted by keiki
hi everyone.. i'm new so cut me some slack! anyways, about uop.. do you know how long they'll send out interview invitations? i haven't heard anything from them yet.. i'm getting worried cause it's already march. should i call to inquire about my status? i get the idea that they don't like to be bothered with that stuff, just like ucsf.

I sent my UOP application on Oct 29, along with my other pharmacy applications. I received a letter on Jan 16 that informs me to call UOP and set an interview date. UOP received too many applications this year; I believe they are understaffed. If calling UOP helps you to reduce anxiety then I don't see why not.
I hope this helps.

Give it up, dude. I just called the admissions office a few minutes ago and specifically asked Kim if they had emailed or were planning on emailing acceptance letters to applicants and she said that they were ONLY sending notification out through US MAIL. Get your facts straight. :rolleyes: Go ahead and call the office for yourselves.

BMBiology,

were you in the morning or afternoon interview session?

I noticed some people there who also interviewed at UOP on 1/10.

It's not a big deal to call the admissions office and ask them about their progress. That is not getting out of my way in the least.

I don't need to prove you wrong because the admissions staff has already done so several times and anyone on this board can call them up and see for themselves that your story of having gotten your "acceptance" yesterday is bogus.

When I see someone making something up, I'm going to call them out on it. You are yanking our chain by posting false info.

Anyone out there that interviewed at UCSD on 1/17/03? Anyone get any letters yet? Good luck to all!

:D

I think we'd all appreciate it if you started telling the truth, ucdbiochem.

Let me REITERATE in case you missed it the first time. I called the admissions office earlier this morning and specifically asked them if they had or were EMAILING acceptance notifications and they told me that they ONLY send notification by US MAIL. I asked her twice to be sure about this.

Who's making stuff up, you or the UCSD staff? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...rest my case.

PharmGuyinCA,

I appreciated that you were motivated to find out the truth.

how would you like me to prove that I got in?

let me reiterate. I haven't received the hardcopy acceptance letter. I only got an email notification with the acceptance letter as an attachment.

If you are willing to forward your acceptance email, that would definately prove it. I will settle this misunderstanding.

BMBiology,
check your email sent by M C, and please tell PharmGuy my post wasn't bogus.

hope you'll receive the same thing soon.
good luck!

after reading the email, I have concluded UCDbiochem is being truthful. Congrats!!

Dear XXX:

I am pleased to be able to inform you that today we
place a letter in the U.S. mail offering you a
position in the Class of 2007 of the UCSD School of
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. We have
attached to this e-mail a copy of the letter as an
Adobe Acrobat (pdf) file. You were selected from our
highly competitive applicant pool of over 500
applicants. The admissions committee chose you based
on your academic performance and your demonstrated
leadership ability. As stated in the letter, we would
appreciate hearing your decision as soon as possible,
and no later than 14 days from today (March 17). If
you should have any questions that you need answered
before you can make a decision, please contact us as
soon as possible. Please contact either our Student
Affairs Officer, Kim Ciero ([email protected] or
telephone (858)822-4900) or me with your questions and
we will make every effort to obtain an answer for you.
Please e-mail us your decision or you may fax the
form that is included with your letter to
858-822-5591. In addition, please sign the form and
return it by mail for our records. I hope that your
decision to attend UCSD School of Pharmacy and
Pharmaceutical Sciences will be a positive one. I
know that if you decide to attend our School, our
faculty will make every effort to provide you with the
best education and training possible to make your four
years with us both educational and enjoyable.

Congratulations!

Anthony Manoguerra, Pharm.D.
Associate Dean for Student Affairs
Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
UCSD School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Clinical Professor of Pharmacology and Pediatrics
UCSD School of Medicine
Phone: 858-822-5595
E-mail: [email protected]

BMBiology,
Thanks. I hope you'll hear from them soon also.
good luck.

BMBiology,
Thanks. I hope you'll hear from them soon also.
good luck.

Yah i would definately like to hear from UCSD soon; however, I have decided to attend USC regardless. I based my decision on 2 main factors:

(1) my parents are getting old and they want me to stay in Southern California

(2) USC pharmacy students tend to do better than students from other pharmacy schools on the California Pharmacy Board Exam.

There are also other important factors, but those are the 2 main factors.

I believe UCSD will be one of the best pharmacy schools in the nation, however I feel that since UCSD is still new, it has not be tested yet and I do not want to take that risk.

UCSF is also a great school, but I prefer to stay in Southern California for my parents. They have made a lot of sacrifices for my brother and I, and it is time for me to make a sacrifice for them.

Do you think it would be rude to ask UCSD admissions if they could let me know if I got in or not? It would be nice to know so that I can cancel interviews with other schools (save money and stop eating PB&J)

Ucdbiochem--congrats, you must've been like the first person they notified!! Good deal! :D

CrazyIslander-- I don't think that they'll tell you, but it's worth a try. Btw, I also interviewed at UCSD on 1/17.

For all who received acceptances to pharmacy schools. I would like to say Congratulations!

If you can list your extracurricular activities, that would definately help others on this board a whole bunch.

Thanks. And enjoy the rest of the school year!