Acceptances At MCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Notorious D.O.C.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard from MCP...could everyone who has been accepted or waitlisted post their stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at MCP Hahnemann in early to mid December. I was accepted in late February. The school averages (which are definitely on the lower end of the spectrum for medical schools) are as follows: MCAT: 29, GPA: 3.4. The school receives 10,000 applications and interviews approximately 10%. Oh, by the way, my stats were significantly higher than the MCAT and GPA averages for the school. I hope that helps!

i interviewed early/mid december and was accepted near the end of february also. i have a 3.4 and 32S and loved the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey california and ssd, I also got accepted mid Jan. to MCP. I really loved the school. I'm trying to decide b/w MCP and Georgetown. I know that GT has the better rep but the facilties at MCP completely eclipsed GT's. What other schools did you guys hear from? Why would you pick MCP over those and vice versa?

hey california and ssd, I also got accepted mid Jan. to MCP. I really loved the school. I'm trying to decide b/w MCP and Georgetown. I know that GT has the better rep but the facilties at MCP completely eclipsed GT's. What other schools did you guys hear from? Why would you pick MCP over those and vice versa?

Hi everyone this my second post ever!

I interviewed on Oct. 2, 2001 which was only the second day they started interviewing this year. I thought interviewing so early was a good thing. Apparently NOT! I was wait-listed a week and a half later, it was almost like the couldn't wait to wait-list me. I still love the school and wouldn't mind going there but I have acceptances to two other places and waiting to hear from others. Anyways my stats are not stellar but my life experiences, I have been told is interesting.

GPA 3.2 MCAT 29R and doing a masters right now.

For those who were accepted, did your faculty interviewer tell you that he/she would "support your application"?

MCP is terrible....I interviewed there in early december and now...13 weeks later have not heard a thing..they are still review my application, i think they lost it. 3.6 GPA / 31 MCAT

shirazsyrah-

i really liked mcphu when i was there. i am 90% sure that i will be going there in the fall. the only school right now that will keep me from mcphu is ucsd (for $$$ reasons). i don't anticipate an acceptance from them, so i will be very happy attending mcp hahnemann.

Just wanted to post this for those still waiting for an interview.....I just called and they said they will be interviewing into May! :D

ssd,

i just sent you a PM.

Interviewed there in early February, and no word yet. I thought the facilities were fantastic.
But before I got there, I had a negative impression, because their admissions office seemed so disorganized. The same guy kept calling me to verify that I would be at my interview. He called the day before my interview, when, of course, I was travelling. My Mom took the call, and told him, yes, I'd be there. Kind of like the dentist's office calling to confirm you'll keep your appointment!! :rolleyes: So I wouldn't worry about their slow reaction time. I think they're just disorganized. Good luck, all!! :)

for people who were accepted: have you ever recieved anything like fin aid form or orientation info? Al I've got so far was a congrats letter thanking for my deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed in Nov, got in in Jan

my stats: 31R, 3.5

But I am withdrawing so good luck if you are the waitlist!

i never even got confirmation that they received my deposit, let alone financial aid or orientation info.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Barin:
•for people who were accepted: have you ever recieved anything like fin aid form or orientation info? Al I've got so far was a congrats letter thanking for my deposit.•••••I interviewed on 10/8 and was accepted in early November. I was going to withdraw my application when I was told I should apply for FA since my numbers were above their averages and I would be considered for institutional money. The office just told me to fill out the FAFSA and they would take care of the rest. I think their deadline is April 1 or April 15. They want info from you and your parents and it must be exact numbers, not tax estimates. Good luck.

i'm interested in this thread too.

interviewed early february. haven't heard anything. they haven't sent my file to committee yet. i guess i should be hearing something supposedly early next month since everybody's hearing ~2months later

I interviewed at MCP the last Saturday of January, but still no word yet. I'll let you know when I do.

I interviewed in November, was accepted in November and withdrew in January. I have a 3.78 GPA and a 34Q, but I did not go to a well known undergrad.

I've got a question... why is it that some post bacc's require you to submit MCAT scores if the point of you going into such a program is to apply to med schools in the future? Kinda seems like a waste to spend $170.

I think most people applying to these post-bacc's have already tried applying to med school and have been unsuccessful in getting in.

Now that it's so late in the year, do you guys think that MCP will start reviewing the interviewed people's application quicker? In other words, will it really take 8 weeks for a decision to be made???

i called today and they said they're currently doing the late january interviews. since i'm early february, she said maybe they'll get to me next friday. so it'll be 8-9 weeks for me at the Earliest..probably more than that. ^%$#%#@

Anyone who was put on the wait-list early on been pulled off it and accepted?

I was waitlisted in November and pulled off yesterday.

I was waitlisted on 23rd of march and got a letter yesterday that I am accepted. :)

ss1: when did you interview?

Does MCP reject post interview--or do they just waitlist?

CityIvy,
I interviewed on the 18th of Jan. Got the waitlist letter only last week. So it took them more than two months.