Acceptances with 7 verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinkid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been accepted with a 7 on verbal?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an 8 on the verbal and got accepted to OHSU, Albany, University of Cincinnati, and on hold at UCSD and Vanderbilt.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't stress... I got a 7 in verbal and was just as worried about getting in somewhere...I got accepted to Pritzker, Northwestern, and Penn State and put on numerous waitlists. The only school that even questioned my score in an interview was Cornell. I'm happy to say I'm going to Pritzker next year. So, no worries, there's still hope for you!

last year someone on the PR board got into UCI and UCLA with a 7,11,11 and 4.0 GPA from UCLA. This person was a white male and registered nurse. It can be done if the rest of your application is strong. I also know someone who had 3 acceptances with an 8 VR,31 total (white male again), including an out-of-state acceptance to University of Minnesota-Minneapolis. There are countless examples, including myself; I got into 2 private schools with a 9 VR and 29 total MCAT on a retake. Good luck!

medschoolbound-are you a non urm?

those with acceptance with 7 verbal, were you non urms?

Yup, I'm a non-URM...white female graduated from UCLA...stats (since that's probably the next question): MCAT's- 7V, 12P, 12B, R / GPA-3.9

5 verbal.... got into UIC... 3.65 gpa...

Alhum!

My first MCAT:7V, 11bs, 11ps
My second: 8v,10bs,10ps
GPA 3.5
I got into MCO and am waitlisted at UCI

As for RealRuby 2000 the person who said they go in on a 5V can you tell what the rest of your scores were. I have a 5V and I was afraid to apply.

A friend of mine just got in to Davis today with a 6 on the dreaded verbal, 8 on PS, 10 on BS and a Q on WS. So don't lose hope :) !