Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Acceptances/

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Hollaback Girl, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Hollaback Girl

5+ Year Member

So when do the bulk of acceptances occur? Is it gradual starting from Oct. 15?

I like SDN, but sometimes I feel like this forum is so stinkin skewed.

On here it seems like so many people already have acceptances. Is now considered early to have acceptances? Isn't December considered relatively early to have interviews? I'm still waiting to hear from some schools that I really like? Is it getting too late?

SDN is great, but honestly I feel like I lose my grounding on here. Before I came across this website I used to think that a 30 MCAT and a 3.6 with good ECs and health experiences were good but then I hear things like a someone "only got a 32" or "they only have a 3.7." What gives? Someone please give me some solid ground to stand on. :confused:

Where are we in this whole waiting/interviewing/acceptance/rejection process. What is the norm? Not the SDN super premed norm, but the normal person norm? :confused:

2. MoosePilot

MoosePilot Y Bombardier
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ask your pre-med advisor. That's the world of the normal person pre-med.

I think a lot of people have acceptances by now. December is definitely not early for interviews. Some schools last interviews are around now or soon. This is middle to late part of the interview season (my impression is late, but others can say more, probably).

3. DolfinGrl11

DolfinGrl11 Kerry
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am someone who has 1 acceptance and a few more interviews to go on but honestly, this process is so arbitrary.

I was accepted to Temple a week after interviewing and there are some schools I haven't even received a secondary from yet (UCs - I'm basically screwed on those even though I'm from Cali). I also have pretty average stats (30 MCAT, 3.4 GPA) so I don't really know what to tell you.

I know others who have brothers/sisters/friends who were interviewed in the "late" part (Feb-April) and got into good schools so don't worry. I think we're all just in piles in the admissions office and it just takes forever for them to get to us all.

4. Well, I've had 1 interview (a couple of months ago), and have 5 more coming up but they aren't until January and 1 of them I haven't even scheduled yet (probably Feb-March). I don't know if I'm normal or not, but hope it makes you feel better to know that I don't have an acceptance yet, and have most of my interviews next month.

5. 71263

71263 Guest
    7+ Year Member

Id say its around the middle third of the application process. It usually goes Sept-Nov, Dec-Feb, March-Late April. At least thats how Tufts did it. Im sure alot of schools go by a similar system.

6. silas2642

silas2642 silas2642
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    No, I think that sdn tends to be a little skewed. Most of my friends last year didn't have an acceptance until spring, and I would consider them to be strong applicants. Most of my classmates here haven't even received very many invitations to interview, and quite frankly, they'll probably get in somewhere.

7. ND2005

ND2005 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I would have to agree with the skewed, from what I've seen of SDN so far. I know some schools work more quickly than others, but interview season is far from over, and most of the schools have a good number of slots left, so the "interviewing for a waitlist spot" anxiety seems a bit premature.

8. discus

discus Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Yes, I agree. Orrrrr...... at least I would "LIKE" to believe that SDN is skewed. I'm giving myself until Feb to be accepted to a school. If I'm still a lone wolf, I'll start REALLY worrying, I think... :( :( :(

9. 1SwtWrld

1SwtWrld Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I think it really depends when you got the application in. If you took the august MCAT it deffinitely is not too late, and maybee a little early. If you had your application in July and have not had any interviews then you might want to worry a little. Keep in mind a lot of people get in off of waitlists.

10. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

I like your idea. It seems prudent while not too neurotic. I am going to steal it and pretend it's mine. Thank you.

11. CerealBox

CerealBox Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i think most acceptances come in the spring.

but i agree, you should talk to your premed advisor.