Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Acceptances

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by osteopeddoc, Sep 19, 2002.

1. osteopeddoc

osteopeddoc Member
    7+ Year Member

HI all,
    I thought I would start a new thread since its getting a few months into the interview process. If you got an acceptance, let us know, and congratulations! It would be interesting to know how many schools you get them from and how long it takes to hear back from the school after the interview. I just got one from Des Moines and I am elated (my first one). It took around 2 weeks to hear back.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rpames

rpames Optometrist
    10+ Year Member

Optometrist
    Congratulations!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm doing some research there, it is a great school!!!

4. ctbmc

ctbmc Junior Member

Hey,

I am glad you got accepted. I guess the interview wasn't as bad as you thought huh? ANyway, it's always nice to get accepted on your first interview. SO when you go to your UHS this week, you will feel good. Mine is on Monday and yours is on Tuesday, right? Good luck!!!!!!!

Oh yes, I got accepted at DMU too:D . By the way, have you heard from NOVA yet? bc I haven't.

Good luck with everything. I will probably see you at other interviews. I only plan to go to LECOM and NOVA only, and I hope to hear from them soon.

5. pkdesi79

pkdesi79 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

6. tigerlily

tigerlily Member
    7+ Year Member

hey osteopeddoc,

just found out i got accepted too! yay! it feels great to already know i can be a doctor somewhere. yay! just got done at AZCOM, LOVE it there,,,hope my DIFFICULT interview payed off, it was sorta rough,,,but i was totally impressed by the school. congrats everyone, keep up the good work!

7. osteopeddoc

osteopeddoc Member
    7+ Year Member

Congrats CTBMC and Tigerlily!! Yeah, it feels good to have that guarantee, doesn't it?

CTBMC- yes, I heard from Nova, but just recently, so don't sweat it if you haven't heard from them-its probably in the mail. They don't give you too much of a notice for the interviews. I dont have UHS until two weeks; Next week I have AZCOM.

TIgerlily- Yeah, I had a feeling I would enjoy Arizona as well, since it focuses on Omt and being built in 1995. How was the interview difficult??-I am there in a few days. Did they ask q's similar to the AZCOM interview thread on here?

8. bla_3x

bla_3x Grip it and rip it!
    7+ Year Member

CONGRATS ALL!!!:clap: :clap:

tigerlily:
    I am going to AZCOM this Wed. :eek: I am really tense, maybe because it is my first one. I too would love to hear about your experience at AZCOM!

Again, Congrats on you aceptence!!:)

9. luckystar

luckystar pooped
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hello All,
    I also got an interview from DMU, to be held in October in Las Vegas. Does anyone know how large the group of interviewees might be? I'm just curious. I wish everyone luck with applications and interviews!

10. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There will be many applicants interviewing while we're in Las Vegas. The reason for this is because many west coast folks (such as myself) take advantage of not having to go so far.... Don't worry about the numbers so much because there will also be many of us interviewing.... students, faculty, alums, etc. I'll probably see ya' in Vegas.... ;) If and when you do get accepted, I highly recommend visiting the school. It's nothing like seeing the campus to make sure you want to be there....

Congratulations to those that got into DMU.... I probably even interviewed a couple of you ;) Seeing you folks were the first group to come around.... It's a great accomplishment to be accepted.

Good luck to the rest of you :cool:

11. shreebee

shreebee Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I got into UMDNJ :D

12. DOtobe

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far!

:clap: :D :clap: :D

13. osteopeddoc

osteopeddoc Member
    7+ Year Member

COngratualtions Einey and shreebee!

Arizona was nice. hot, but nice. Most students that came out of the interviews seemed a little stumped on a few q's, but they are friendly, and give you fun questions you can play with. It was surprising, but the interview day only lasted until 1:30ish. If you can , stay at the sleep inn-it is close to the school, very nice/new and reasonably priced. Good luck, and keep us posted.

I just got another interview this weekend for Chicago, which I am siked about!!

14. NUgirl

NUgirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got an acceptance to UHS! :)

15. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!
    7+ Year Member

I got accepted at TUCOM! It was early decision and I know that the regular interviews start next week so good luck to all of you who are starting your TUCOM interviews. By the way, DO NOT bring your family or spouse to the interview unless they ONLY want to participate in the tour. It looks really bad if the admissions director has to ask your family member(s) to leave. Some helpful stats for those of you going to the interview at TUCOM: 4000 applications, 2000 get secondaries, about 400 get interviews and about 160 get accepted with only 125 actually matriculating. So be very proud of yourself if you get an interview, you are in the top 10%!

16. skapone33

skapone33 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just wondering for those of you who were accepted when were your interviews held? In other words, how long did it take you to get a reply from these schools? Thanks and good luck everyone!!!
    peace and love

17. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!
    7+ Year Member

My interview was August 19th and I found out on August 23rd. It was an Early Decision Option interview and they have a specific turn around time for ED. Touro makes a decision and lets you know within two weeks from the date of your interview as their standard procedure. Also, they only give you two weeks to pay your deposit (from the date on the letter, not the date that you receive the letter) so you almost need to decide if you want to attend this school or not before you get an acceptance letter because the deposit is $2000!

18. kappapiomega

kappapiomega Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got accepted to UHS!!!
    It took a week for me to recieve my letter, interview was monday the 23rd, found out monday the 30th. Good luck everybody, and I hope those acceptances keep rolling in!!!!!

19. tigerlily

tigerlily Member
    7+ Year Member

congrats kappa!!!! i knew you'd do fine. i also found out yesterday i was accepted to UHS, interviewed on sept 23rd as well (do NOT be nervous if the CONGRATS letter shows up in an itsy-bitsy size envelope...it sure is nerve-wracking). des moines accepted me exactly 2 weeks after the interview, and UHS was 1 week after. but,,,AZCOM, UMDNJ, and PCOM all said to wait about 3-4 weeks to hear...so that sorta stinks since i'm so anxious to hear from them,,,but that is still much sooner then i ever expected to hear from any schools (so GREAT!) *i think some schools take longer then others for sure, but it also depends which part of that school's cycle you interview in (like some only meet 1 time/month, so obviously you'll find out much quicker if you interview right before that big meeting, but if you interview much sooner, it might take 1 month to hear back).

best of luck to everyone :p

20. lusitania

lusitania Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Tigerlily,
    Has anyone heard from NOVA? I interviewed there 10/4 (and loved it!) and am anxiously awaiting my (hopefully) certified letter. How did you feel about the interview? Mine went well...although I'm second guessing myself on some of my answers..Congrats on your toher acceptances!

21. Nic_machiavelli

7+ Year Member

Indo
    Don't pee on their parades. Your turn will come, and these boys & girls have worked hard for it.

Congratulations future doctors!

Nick

22. abw

abw Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at nova on9/30, and they told us that bc of the osteopathic conference, they wouldn't discuss any acceptances from any of the interviews until 10/14 when their adcom first met. they said if we were really antsy to find out if we got in or not we could email them to find out.

23. DrZippy2b

DrZippy2b Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just found out I was accepted to TUCOM!

24. H0mersimps0n

H0mersimps0n HMO CRUSHER
    10+ Year Member

LECOM told us yesterday (although seems like months ago), that normally they send out letters within two weeks of interviewing. However, they said that we wouldn't be hearing from them for at least three weeks because of the AOA conference.

I'm hoping the AOA conference is also the reason why I haven't heard back from a few other schools by now also...

25. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!
    7+ Year Member

Congrats DrZippy2B! Hope to see you there in the fall.
    Brenda
    TUCOM, Class of 2007

26. mohody

mohody Member
    10+ Year Member

Congrats DrZippy2B. Have you decided if you are going to attend? If you do I'll see you in August.
    Justin

27. DrZippy2b

DrZippy2b Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

TUCOM is my first choice school and I'm really excited to be going there next fall. I was blown away by the people at the school. I can't wait to meet our classmates...

On another note: Does anyone have any thoughts about places to live (can't do students housing because we have two four-legged beasts!) ?

28. aarn20

aarn20 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just received my acceptance for DMU class of 2007!!!

:)

29. lusitania

lusitania Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

OK, the suspense is killing me. Those who have interviewed at NOVA before 10/14...are you going to call and if so...when? I'm thinking of calling this Wednesday (10/16). It's unbearable to think that a handful of people in FLorida are aware of my destiny at this very moment and I havn't a clue!!!

30. osteopeddoc

osteopeddoc Member
    7+ Year Member

HI, I interviewed on the 7th, and I am not sure they have met to decide the final acceptances? Let me know what you find out on Wed! I'd rather get the news on paper, personally. Good luck. Did anyone else have Lynne as one of their interviewers? I ate my good luck candy before my interview. it was irresistable and it calmed my nerves.

31. lusitania

lusitania Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

OK, so I'm awful...couldn't wait until Wednesday and called 9:01 on Tuesday (!!!). They said they couldn't give out any info until the director was in and that the letters will go out this week or early nexy week. Bummer, I have a few scheduling conflicts that could be resolved if I knew the outcome. Good luck!!

32. tkim

tkim 10 cc's cordrazine
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hey, I interviewed 10/11. I thought I heard Lynne say that she calls everyone on the phone. Definitely quicker finding out that way.

- Tae

33. Racoon155

Racoon155 Member
    7+ Year Member

Congrats to all those with acceptances this early!!! Now you can sit back and relax, you've earned it!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

34. Mire

Mire Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at AZCOM on the 27th of Sep. I called them and they are mailing out the acceptance letters today instead of yesterday as was previously thought. I talked to the director of admissions though, and I got in!!!!! Yipppeeeee!!!!

35. Congratulations to all you people with your acceptances.

Enjoy the rest of your year. Come next fall you won't know what hit you. Enjoy every last ounce of excitement. You're going to be doctors! That excitement wears off in the first 3 days and turns to fear for the first 3 weeks. Once you get adjusted, you still stop being excited, but you start to become pleased that you are moving towards the last leg of your journey to "doctorhood".

P.S.

Chisel has dermatitis on his hands.

36. Dreamin

Dreamin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For those of you who have recieved interviews at PCOM, OhioUCOM, LECOM, CCOM, and NYCOM ... what are your stats? I know numbers are definately not everything, but I'm just curious to know your MCATs and gpas:D

37. jbear

jbear Member
    7+ Year Member

:clap: I just got accepted to UHS. I called. I about fell down. I got in. All is well. Good luck to everyone else, if I did it, anyone can do it. Congratulations to everyone else. Any other UHS acceptances feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Or if anybody has any questions. This school was my first choice so I will be there next fall. :)

38. lusitania

lusitania Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

WOOHOO!! I'm going to NOVA this August. Found out about my acceptance this AM. Hope to see some SDNer's there.

39. Doctortobee

Doctortobee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Interviewed @ UHS 10/7
    Accepted @ UHS 10/17

Interview @ LECOM 10/31

40. abw

abw Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm in at nova too!

Lusitania - what day did you interview there?

41. lusitania

lusitania Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed 10/4...anyone else from that group? I'm the old lady with 3 kids!!!

42. allan120

allan120 Member
    10+ Year Member

Interviewed at UMDNJ on 10/4.
    Acceptance received 10/18.
    Best wishes to everyone.:)

43. FarmGirl

FarmGirl Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

UHS interview--10/9
    UHS acceptance--10/17
    Seeing your mom cry because she's so proud that you got accepted to medical school--priceless:)
    Seeing your mom laugh:laugh: when she realizes that her daughter will soon be $100,000+ in debt--priceless, but in a different sort of way
    Good luck with the applications and interviews everybody!!

44. Racoon155

Racoon155 Member
    7+ Year Member

I'd like to add my name to those accepted at UHS! To those still waiting, hang in there. It's still early and anything is possible. Stay focused and determined!:)

45. NMH2001

NMH2001 Ferret Momma
    10+ Year Member

46. Avonlea

Avonlea Member
    7+ Year Member

Got in TUCOM! WHhhhhaaahhooooo!

47. maysqrd

maysqrd Go A's!
    7+ Year Member

Congrats Avonlea! Are you going to accept??

48. Avonlea

Avonlea Member
    7+ Year Member

TUCOM is one of my top choices (b/c of location). But I just cam back from CCOM and UNECOM and both had the extremely solid programs (especially 3rd, 4th year rotations). I'm worried that at Touro, I'll be traveling so far away from home just for mediocre rotations. What do you think?

49. jbear

jbear Member
    7+ Year Member

congrats, einey . . . do you know which place your going to go yet? Or are you still waiting to hear back from others schools?

50. allan120

allan120 Member
    10+ Year Member

Congrats einey....it's a great feeling, savor it. :)

51. tigerlily

tigerlily Member
    7+ Year Member

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE SO FAR!!!

Accepted at UHS, DMU, AZCOM (YAY!!), TUCOM!!!

Waitlisted at UMDNJ

Expect to hear from PCOM within a week or so,,,and CCOM and NOVA within a few weeks. They are totally my top choices!!! :p :p :p along with AZCOM of course...totally thought I blew the interview at AZCOM,,,was convinced I'd be rejected,,,so who believes I was actually accepted! If anyone else had a 'horrible' interview there,,,no need to worry I think. It was my 'WORST' of 8 interviews so far. Thank goodness my interview season is OVER,,,I quit,,,completed all the ones I care about and was accepted at AZCOM,,,I'd go there in a second before the schools where I have upcoming interviews (which I plan to cancel: WVSOM, KCOM, LECOM if anyone is awaiting notice for them). GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE.

Also, UMDNJ was my 'BEST' interview,,,and can you believe I was waitilisted there. They probably caught on to the fact that I was not too interested in their itsy bitsy school, but rather just felt like I HAD to go to the interview b/c they are so close. They really can't compare to most other schools though,,,and their students and tour guides bashed most other schools in every sentence that came out of their mouth (so that wasn't any more inviting and certainly made me want to go there even less,,,go figure). I still thought that interview went great,,,oh well.

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.

Who is going to AZCOM and NOVA?? both are great schools! amazing facilities too!!